Erin M. Carter practices in the area of litigation. Ms. Carter has experience in products liability, commercial and appellate litigation.
Ms. Carter is a trial lawyer who represents clients in complex commercial and products liability litigation throughout the United States. She also handles Section 1983 civil rights litigation on a pro bono basis.
Ms. Carter is a 2009 graduate of Vanderbilt University Law School, where she was special project editor of the Vanderbilt Law Review, as well as a member of the Moot Court Executive Board and a legal writing teaching assistant. She was the recipient of the Scholastic Excellence Award. Ms. Carter is also a graduate of the Pennsylvania State University with a B.S. in chemistry, where she did research in the field of nanotechnology.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- White-Collar Criminal Law
- Products Liability Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Obtained summary judgment for TD Bank in the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County in an action seeking $10 million in damages against TD Bank for breach of a deposit agreement resulting in an alleged raid of customer assets by dissident executives.
- Successfully represented National Real Estate broker in collecting $500,000 of unpaid commissions in connection with the lease of a property.
- Obtained a ruling from the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah precluding the "every breath" opinion under Daubert in Smith v. Ford Motor Co., et al., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 7861 (D. Utah Jan. 18, 2013).
- Obtained a victorious jury verdict on behalf of a physician in a lawsuit brought by a former Justice of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court alleging medical malpractice, breach of contract, fraud and violation of the Pennsylvania Unfair Trade Practices Consumer Protection Law related to the death of her spouse. Newman v. Yardney and MDVIP
- Obtained on behalf of UniTech Services Group, Inc. a voluntary dismissal of a claim brought pursuant to the Price-Anderson Act.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2009
- Special Project Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review
- Moot Court Executive Board
- Scholastic Excellence Award Winner
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.S., 2006
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2011-present
- Dechert LLP
- Associate, 2010-2011
- Summer Associate, 2008
- Pennsylvania Health Law Project
- Staff Attorney, 2010
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- "Pragmatic Selective Waiver: Re-Aligning Corporate Executives' Personal Interests with Those of the Corporation Amidst Government Investigations," 62 Vand. L. Rev. 239 (2009)