Felice K. Schonfeld practices in the area of complex commercial litigation including class action litigation, contract litigation, intellectual property litigation, injunction proceedings, arbitration proceedings and whistleblower cases. Ms. Schonfeld developed and leads the Trial Practice Group's Witness Preparation Program.
Ms. Schonfeld is a 1978 magna cum laude graduate of the University of Miami School of Law, where she was a Harvey Reid Scholar and was on the Law Review. She is a cum laude graduate of Princeton University, with a dual major in the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs and economics. She is a member of the Florida Bar.
- Representing a former executive of a defunct resort and casino project in defending against a $3 billion suit brought by a Chapter 7 trustee in Miami bankruptcy court alleging the client aided and abetted others in a breach of fiduciary duty that caused the project to fail.
- Representing same former executive of defunct resort and casino project in defending against a billion dollar suit brought by banks in Nevada state proceeding alleging the client aided and abetted others in a breach of fiduciary duty that caused the project to fail.
- Obtained the voluntary dismissal of claims for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and civil conspiracy brought by individuals who had invested in a Ponzi scheme.
- Prepared witness for his deposition in a suit seeking $1.5 million brought against his father's estate by the father's girlfriend. He also gained tremendous confidence through the process, testified very strongly, and expressed gratitude for the preparation he received.
- Prepared a client for his deposition in a suit where he was sued for breach of fiduciary duty as co-trustee of a multi-million dollar trust set up by his father. The client was fearful of having his deposition taken and lacked confidence in his ability to testify. After several days of work, we trained him into a confident and capable witness who testified very well.
- Prepared an elderly client for her deposition in suit by trustee seeking exorbitant trustee fees from trust established for her benefit. Despite major medical obstacles including blindness, we prepared her sufficiently to achieve a very favorable settlement.
- Prepared many of the key executives of a health system for their depositions in a New Orleans suit seeking several hundred million dollars in damages for alleged mismanagement, breach of contract, and negligence, arising from the client's acquisition and operation of the opposing party. We prepared the witnesses and collaborated with local counsel on the substantive aspects of their preparation. The witnesses did exceedingly well in their depositions, and the case was settled not long after for a tiny fraction of the damages sought.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Reid Scholar
- Princeton University, B.A., cum laude
Honors / Awards
- Named in the South Florida Legal Guide Top Rated Lawyers, 2012
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell