G. Matthew Barnard practices in the area of corporate law. Mr. Barnard has experience with mergers and acquisitions, private equity financings and fund offerings, as well as general corporate law.
Mr. Barnard is a 2006 graduate of Temple University Beasley School of Law. He also received an M.B.A. from Temple University, Fox School of Business and Management, and a B.S. in Finance from Pennsylvania State University.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Represented Alexar Therapeutics, Inc., a newly formed derm-focused pharmaceutical company, in connection with the sale of $21.5 million of Series A-1 and Series A-2 Preferred Stock to Third Point, New Science Ventures and Palo Alto, venture capital firms active in the pharmaceutical space, and the simultaneous closing of the purchase of the stock of Anayaderm, a development-stage pharmaceutical company.
- Represented a major French media and sports management company in connection with the acquisition by its U.S. subsidiary of Jeff Sanders Promotions, Inc., a golf events management company based in Portland, Oregon.
- Represented Iroko Pharmaceuticals, a global specialty pharmaceutical company dedicated to advancing the science of responsible pain management, in securing $75 million in debt financing to support general business operations and the commercialization of Iroko's FDA-approved ZORVOLEX™ (diclofenac), a drug that uses iCeutica Inc.’s proprietary SoluMatrix Fine Particle Technology™ to both reduce the dosage of active ingredients ingested by the patient and accelerate the dissolution of the drug in the patient.
- Represented Ceptaris Therapeutics in its acquisition by Actelion for $250 million cash plus undisclosed milestone payments and sales earnouts.
- New Jersey
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Temple University Fox School of Business and Management, M.B.A., 2006
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.S., Finance, 2002
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2011-present
- Klehr Harrison Harvey Branzburg LLP
- Associate, 2006-2011
- Co-author, "Guide to Publicly Offered Private Placements Under New Rule 506(c)," Duane Morris Alert, September 26, 2013
- Co-author, "SBA Rules: Investment Funds Can Now Be Majority Owners of SBIR Companies, Duane Morris Alert, February 22, 2013; republished by VCExperts, March 13, 2013