Jamie R. Dyce
- Duane Morris LLP
New York, NY 10036-4086
Phone: +1 212 471 1888
Fax: +1 212 202 7790
Jamie R. Dyce practices in the area of wealth planning. Her work includes estate and postmortem planning for high net worth individuals and families, the administration of estates and trusts and the preparation and negotiation of marital agreements. Ms. Dyce is experienced in estate litigation and has served as Guardian ad litem in probate proceedings. She has also litigated and settled complex matrimonial matters and she has represented clients in contested and uncontested divorce actions.
Ms. Dyce is admitted to practice in New York. She is a member of the Trusts and Estates Section of the New York State Bar Association and the New York City Bar Association. Ms. Dyce currently serves as the President of the Board of Directors of Pajama Program, a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, which promotes literacy among children in need and provides new, warm pajamas and new books to children who are waiting to be adopted. In addition to working with Pajama Program, Ms. Dyce volunteers with the Elderlaw and Cancer Advocacy Project through the City Bar Justice Center, providing estate planning legal services to seniors and cancer patients, survivors and their families. She was the subject of a profile piece in the September 2012 online edition of City Bar Justice Center News for her pro bono work.
Ms. Dyce is actively involved in leading Duane Morris' participation with GEMS (Girls Educational & Mentoring Services), a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization that assists survivors of commercial sexual exploitation. In addition to representing young women of GEMS, Ms. Dyce oversees various GEMS-related firm projects and coordinates training sessions for volunteer participants. For this work, she was recognized by the New York Law Journal as one of NYLJ's 2012 "Lawyers Who Lead by Example."
Ms. Dyce is a 2005 cum laude graduate of the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, where she was the managing editor of the Buffalo Public Interest Law Journal. During law school, Ms. Dyce served as a legal intern for the Hon. Barbara Howe of the Surrogate's Court of Erie County of New York State. She is a 1999 cum laude graduate of the State University of New York at Binghamton (B.A., Political Science) and earned her Certificat des Etudes Internationales from the Université de Paris-Sorbonne in 1999. Ms. Dyce is currently pursuing an Advanced Professional Certificate in Taxation and Estate Planning from New York University School of Law, which she expects to complete in 2014.
Areas of Practice
- Wealth Planning
- Administration of Trusts and Estates
- Probate and Estate Litigation
- Non-Profit Law
- Vacatur Law for Survivors of Human Trafficking
- New York
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2005
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., cum laude, 1999
- Université de Paris-Sorbonne, Certificat des Etudes Internationales, 1999
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2009-present
- WolfBlock LLP
- Associate, 2007-2008
- Greenfield Stein & Senior, LLP
- Associate, 2005-2007
- Summer Associate, 2004
- New York State Bar Association
- Trusts & Estates Section
- New York City Bar Association
- Pajama Program, New York, N.Y.
- President of Board of Directors, 2013 to Present
- Member of Board of Directors, 2011 to Present
Civic and Charitable Activities
- GEMS (Girls Educational & Mentoring Services)
- Pajama Program
- Elderlaw and Cancer Advocacy Project
- Brooklyn Family Court Volunteer Attorney Program
- Free Arts NYC
- Author, "Prenups, Postnups and Cohabitation Agreements," for the NYSBA Trusts & Estates Law Institute (2008, 2009)