Kimberly G. Lippman is an associate in the firm's Trial Practice Group. Ms. Lippman focuses her practice on federal and state court litigation of commercial matters, as well as regulatory investigations and white-collar defense.
Prior to joining Duane Morris, Ms. Lippman served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jessica R. Mayer of the New Jersey Superior Court (Multi-County Litigation assignment).
Ms. Lippman is a 2011 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where she was senior editor of Journal of Law and Social Change, and a graduate of Wesleyan University.
- Defended an investment advisor in an SEC investigation involving allegations of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented a large public company in responding to an SEC subpoena relating to the accuracy of certain financial statements, successfully resolving the inquiry through subpoena response.
- Defeated plaintiff’s motion for summary judgment against law firm client in suit involving allegations of legal malpractice; obtained holding that judgment entered against allegedly impaired lawyer based upon his failure to defend not binding on law firm.
- Defended individual charged with violations of the Federal Election Campaign Act; drafted sophisticated motions to dismiss and to exclude wiretap evidence.
- Obtained on behalf of the parents of a seventh grade child diagnosed with autism in the Gloucester Township, NJ school district a ruling from a New Jersey administrative law judge affirming a previous ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit calling for the child's educational placement to be redrawn because the school district's proposed placement did not afford her an education in the "least restrictive environment" as required by federal law.
- Defended a national law firm against fraud, conspiracy, and aiding and abetting client misconduct claims arising out of underlying real estate transactions.
- Represented a retail energy company in defense of six federal and state class actions alleging deceptive marketing practices.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2011
- Senior Editor, Journal of Law and Social Change
- Wesleyan University, B.A., 2006
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2012-present
- New Jersey Superior Court
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Jessica R. Mayer, 2011-2012
- Author, "Shelter Dogs and Inmates Reinvent Themselves Together At New Leash On Life USA," The Legal Intelligencer, November 18, 2014
- Co-author, "Useful Advice from PDLG to Summer Associates Everywhere," The Legal Intelligencer, June 9, 2014
- Co-author, "Disclosure of Seed Sets: Required to Cooperate or Protected as Attorney Work Product?," The Legal Intelligencer, February 18, 2014