Melissa Sobel Snyder practices in the area of health law. Ms. Snyder is a 2009 cum laude graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where she was associate editor of the Journal of Constitutional Law. Ms. Snyder also earned a Master of Bioethics from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and is a magna cum laude graduate of Tufts University.
- Obtained on behalf of the Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) a ruling from the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania that held that the Pennsylvania Insurance Department had overbilled healthcare providers more than $100 million over three years to fund a program that provides excess coverage for medical malpractice claims under the state's Medical Care Availability and Reduction of Error Act (MCARE).
- New Jersey
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2009
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Master of Bioethics, 2009
- Tufts University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2004
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2009-present
- Co-author, "Old Confusions Back for Charitable Property Tax Exemptions," Pennsylvania CPA Journal, Fall 2012
- Co-author, "HHS Releases Final Rule and Interim Final Rules on Affordable Care Act's State Health Insurance Exchanges," Duane Morris Alert, March 14, 2012
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Understanding the Basics of Health Law," Pennsylvania Bar Institute's Fundamentals of Health Law Seminar, November 2013
- Co-Presenter, "The Impact of the Federal Healthcare Reform Law on Healthcare Providers," Pennsylvania Bar Institute's Fundamentals of Health Law Seminar, November 2011