Nicole Woolard concentrates her practice in the areas of construction, real estate and commercial litigation. Ms. Woolard negotiates construction agreements, architect and engineer agreements and trade contracts/subcontracts on behalf of developers, contractors and design professionals. Ms. Woolard assists clients in disputes arising from public and private construction projects and real estate matters, and has also prepared pleadings and motions and coordinated pretrial discovery in complex litigations.
At Duane Morris, Ms. Woolard serves on the Associates Committee and is part of the Super Storm Sandy Economic and Community Development Group. Ms. Woolard provides assistance pro bono to survivors of commercial sexual exploitation through Duane Morris’ alliance with GEMS, a not-for-profit corporation. Ms. Woolard volunteers with the Justice Resource Center's Mentor program for local high schools, and also serves on the Board of Directors of Savvy Ladies, a not-for-profit corporation that promotes financial education and empowerment through free seminars, webinars and hotlines.
Ms. Woolard is a 2009 graduate of St. John's University School of Law and a graduate of New York University.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- New York University, B.A., 2002
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2009-present
- Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner
- Summer Associate, 2008
- McLaughlin & Stern LLP
- Paralegal, 2002-2006
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a New York Rising Star in the practice area of Construction Litigation by Super Lawyers Magazine 2013
- Author, "UK Construction Act: Long-awaited Changes Come into Effect This Fall," Building & Bonding: The Construction Group Newsletter, Fall 2011