Philip E. Garber
- Duane Morris LLP
30 South 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-4196
Phone: +1 215 979 1884
Fax: +1 215 405 2994
Philip E. Garber practices in the area of employment law, serving clients in all industries, with particular experience in the real estate (e.g., shopping centers), healthcare, service and nonprofit arenas.
Mr. Garber lectures at public conferences throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and clients' management seminars. He has been a guest lecturer at Temple University Beasley School of Law and at Cornell University.
Mr. Garber is a 1974 graduate of The University of Chicago Law School, where he served as an editor of The University of Chicago Law Review, and a graduate of Cornell University (B.S. in Industry and Labor Relations). At Cornell University, Mr. Garber attended the School of Industrial and Labor Relations, where he concentrated his studies in collective bargaining, organizational behavior, labor economics and labor history. In his final two years at Cornell, he was awarded the distinguished United States Senator Irving M. Ives Award as the junior and senior, respectively, who best exemplified the ideals of the School of Industrial and Labor Relations.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- New Jersey
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1974
- Cornell University, B.S., Industry and Labor Relations, 1971
- American Bar Association
- Section of Labor and Employment Law
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Labor and Employment Law Section
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Labor and Employment Section
Honors and Awards
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Co-author, "Tip for Investors: Don't Lock Out Unionized Targets," The Corporate Counselor, June 2015
- Co-author, "U.S. Department of Labor Issues New Regulations on Nonagricultural Child Labor ," Duane Morris Alert, June 3, 2010