- Duane Morris Receives 61 Attorney and 19 Practice Citations for Excellence from Chambers USA
- Duane Morris Partner Cyndie M. Chang Named New Los Angeles Office Managing Partner
- New Guard at Duane Morris: Young Leaders with Deep Ties
- Duane Morris Partner Cyndie Chang to Speak at the "50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Act: Our Responsibilities as Lawyers-A Time to Celebrate, Reflect and Recommit"
- Duane Morris Partner Cyndie Chang to Speak at "The Rise of the AAPI Managing Partners: Wisdom and Stories from the Field"
- Duane Morris Partner Cyndie Chang to Speak at the "NAPABA Pre-Law Conference: Career Panel"
- Duane Morris Partner Cyndie Chang to Moderate Panel on "Leadership in the Boardroom"
- Duane Morris Partner Cyndie Chang to Speak at the Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association Summer Associate Mixer
- Developments in Workplace Law and Practice 2014
- California Enacts Comprehensive Groundwater Management Legislation
- California Enacts Mandatory Paid Sick Leave Law
- California Appellate Court Tells Employers to Pay Part of Employees' Cell Phone Bills or Face Class Action Liability
Duane Morris LLP
865 South Figueroa Street, Suite 3100
Los Angeles, CA 90017-5450
Phone: +1 213 689 7400
Fax: +1 213 689 7401
With the addition of our Los Angeles office, Duane Morris has significantly expanded its presence in California. Moreover, the Los Angeles office itself expanded on January 1, 2006, as a result of our merger with the San Francisco-based law firm of Hancock Rothert & Bunshoft. The firm's growth in Los Angeles will enable Duane Morris to better serve its clients not only in Southern California, but also throughout the state, the Pacific Northwest and Pacific Rim countries. Offering a full range of legal services nationwide, our Los Angeles office will also have a prominent insurance coverage practice and focus on business reorganization, financial restructuring and intellectual property matters as well.
Range of Services
Insurance Coverage and Reinsurance
Duane Morris' expansion into the Los Angeles market gives the firm additional resources with a broader geographic reach in multiple disciplines, especially serving the insurance industry. Attorneys in our Insurance Practice Group have been engaged in representations of insurance industry interests for many years, having served as counsel to numerous property/casualty insurance companies, life insurance companies, reinsurance companies, HMOs and PPOs, rating bureaus, captive insurers offshore, and alternative market entities and guaranty associations. The firm has also represented underwriters of public offerings of insurance securities.
Our background in the industry contributes to our ability to address client concerns effectively. We have an in-depth understanding of actuarial, underwriting and policy coverage matters affecting the business and legal issues of our clients. We have handled matters affecting financial examinations, market conduct examinations and other regulatory issues, as well as general corporate matters.
Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Lawyers in Duane Morris' Trial Practice Group represent clients in all types of civil litigation, from inception through trial and appeal. Our litigators have experience in an array of areas, including securities and commercial disputes, professional liability, intellectual property, products liability, real estate controversies and bankruptcy matters. Our litigators regularly work with lawyers in our Financial Services and Financial Markets practices and have substantial experience representing insurance companies and financial institutions.
While our lawyers regularly represent foreign and domestic clients in forums in the United States and before international tribunals, we also counsel clients on settling disputes without conventional litigation by using alternative dispute resolution options and advise on methods to anticipate and avoid litigation.
Business Reorganization and Financial Restructuring
Lawyers in our Business Reorganization and Financial Restructuring Practice Group work in tandem with each client, whether debtor, trustee, lender or other creditor, to determine appropriate strategies to help derive maximum value from a troubled entity while simultaneously remaining mindful of each client's goals. Clients draw on the firm's extensive reorganization experience gained during its involvement in many of the largest restructurings of the past three decades and the capabilities of a national team of dozens of bankruptcy lawyers in jurisdictions across the United States.
Duane Morris' Intellectual Property (IP) lawyers focus on leveraging their clients' intellectual property to help them achieve success in the marketplace. Our IP lawyers provide counsel on the most efficacious methods of establishing and developing IP capital and protecting IP rights to help clients realize the most value from those assets. From patents to trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets to licensing and technology transfers to e-commerce to IP audits and IP asset due diligence, our attorneys offer clients portfolio management and strategic advice on obtaining and protecting valuable intellectual property. Duane Morris' IP litigators have substantial trial experience in disputes over patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and other intellectual property matters.