Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- New Pittsburgh Leader at Duane Morris
- Judge Rejects Class Action Over Excess Sheriff's Sale Proceeds
- Marin Snapshot: Corte Madera's Eric Sinrod Plugged into Cyber Law
- Duane Morris Partner Lori Ocheltree to Speak at the National Business Institute Conference "Human Resource Law: What You Need to Know Now"
- Duane Morris Associate John Kahn Will Speak at the New Jersey State Bar Association's Transition Into Practice Series (TIPS) Program
- Duane Morris Attorney Christopher Soriano Will Discuss "Gaming Law 2013: A Review of This Year's Developments in Online Gaming"
- Combating Damages Models in Food, Cosmetic Class Actions
- Pom Wonderful and Consumer Class Actions Under State Law
- Supreme Court Rejects Stipulation by Proposed Class Representative as Defeating Federal Removal Under Class Action Fairness Act of 2005
Class Action Litigation
Duane Morris represents clients in class action litigation brought under federal and state laws. These matters have involved federal and state securities law, state trade practice and consumer protection laws, antitrust law, franchise litigation, real estate assessment and commercial disputes. Our lawyers have assembled a comprehensive set of pleadings and briefs on class action practice that enables us to handle these kinds of cases efficiently for our clients.
Range of Services
Duane Morris has represented clients in class action litigation brought under a wide range of theories and in many different venues.
Our class action practice has included the representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in antitrust and securities fraud class actions.
We have represented insurance companies and others in class actions involving claims under state consumer protection laws.
Our lawyers represented a major New York utility in a multimillion dollar class action brought under Rule 10b-5 promulgated under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Section 11 of the Securities Act of 1933. We also represented a major accounting firm in a multimillion dollar action brought under Rule 10b-5. Our lawyers also have represented a major manufacturer of tires in a multimillion dollar class action brought under Rule 10b-5 that resulted in the entry of summary judgment in favor of our clients.
We have also represented clients in cases involving claims brought under the RICO statute, including the successful defense of a major New York utility in a multibillion dollar class action and the dismissal of a RICO claim asserted against a real estate partnership. Our lawyers also represented a class of franchisees in a franchise class action arising out of the misappropriation of advertising funds.
Our firm has acted as the lead counsel in a class action arising out of spot reassessment. This class action explored a relatively new concept, class actions in the area of tax assessment appeals, as a means of effectively seeking redress for property owners who had been the subject of spot reassessments.
Duane Morris has been active in a number of class actions that have arisen in the context of products liability and breach of warranty settings. We are currently representing the defendants in a putative nationwide class action arising out of an alleged breach of warranty of an adhesive product.