- Duane Morris Partner Meagen Leary to Present at 13th Annual Trigild Fall Lender Conference
- Risk & Recovery 2012: Developments in Business Bankruptcies and Reorganizations
- Duane Morris Partner Eduardo Ramos-Gómez to Present on "Successful Global Business Navigation: Ethical Intelligence in a Multicultural and Multinational World"
- Bitcoin Exchange Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy Protection; May Have Broader Implications for Digital Currency Industry
- Proceed with Caution When Foreclosing in Washington State: Split Decisions Regarding Deficiency Claims
- Second Circuit Ruling Appears to Limit Ability of U.S. Bankruptcy Courts to Assist Foreign Debtors
Cross-Border and Multi-National Insolvencies
The Deal consistently ranks Duane Morris among the most active bankruptcy practices in the world. No firm handles more cases with more total assets than Duane Morris. (Active cases involve an estimated $1,023B in assets.)
Due to the continued globalization of business worldwide and our clients', and the firm's, expansion into overseas markets, our lawyers are increasingly involved in multi-national and cross-border matters ranging the whole gamut of services provided to United States based clients on United States based matters.
Duane Morris lawyers routinely represent foreign companies asserting interests against domestic debtors, both in federal district and federal bankruptcy courts. These lawyers have also represented foreign companies in their efforts to acquire assets from a bankrupt debtor's estate or in structuring other transactions with debtors-in-possession. The firm is often called upon to represent parties-in-interest in cross-border cases filed by or on behalf of foreign debtors under Chapter 15 of the United States Bankruptcy Code. In addition, our lawyers have been involved in numerous overseas financial restructuring transactions involving multi-national companies and the restructuring of indebtedness owed to both domestic and foreign lenders.