Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris Partner Sheila Slocum Hollis Appointed to Institute for the Advancement of the American Legal System Board of Advisors
- Duane Morris Receives 61 Attorney and 20 Practice Citations for Excellence from Chambers USA
- Duane Morris Partners Named "Clean Tech Stars"
- Duane Morris Partner Sheila Hollis to Serve as Delegate for World Justice Forum IV
- Duane Morris Partner Sheila Hollis to Chair U.S. Regulatory Module at The Institute for Energy Law's 64th Annual Oil & Gas Law Conference
- Duane Morris Partner Sheila Hollis to Explore "The Newly Elected U.S. Government: What Does it Mean for Energy in 2013 and Beyond?"
- D.C. Circuit Ruling Upholds New Ground Rules in Development of Electric Transmission Infrastructure
- EPA Appears to Have Green Light to Develop Regulations on Utility Power Plant Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Manufacturers Beware: DOE's Program of Compliance with Energy and Water Conservation Standards Comes to Life!
Duane Morris attorneys advise clients on the legal, practical and business issues surrounding electricity generation, transmission, distribution, policy, regulation, sale and consumption.
Our experience includes representation of domestic and international producers, regulatory agencies, independent electric transmission system operators and publicly owned utility companies, conventional and alternative energy developers, demand response providers, end users and others. In serving our clients, Duane Morris attorneys draw upon industry experience gained by serving as members of governmental regulatory agencies and from working within the energy industry. One of our attorneys helped establish the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Office of Enforcement and was its first director. Others among our attorneys have also served in various capacities at FERC. Furthermore, Duane Morris was integrally involved in the creation of the first Regional Transmission Organization approved by FERC and has served as its counsel in a multitude of issues before FERC and the appellate courts, including the development and implementation of its electric energy and ancillary services markets.
Duane Morris' services include assisting federal and state regulators and agencies in the formation and implementation of regulations and policymaking. Similarly, we represent electric utilities and their operating subsidiaries in regulatory proceedings before FERC and various U.S. Courts of Appeals, including for the District of Columbia and Federal Circuits. Throughout the restructuring of the electric service industry, Duane Morris energy attorneys work closely with clients to develop effective strategies to meet the challenges of deregulation and increased competition. From policymaking on congestion management and negotiating contracts, to civil litigation and appeals in federal and state courts, Duane Morris attorneys address the diverse needs of clients in the electricity industry.
Our attorneys also assist emerging alternative energy companies and existing utilities with the legal, regulatory, tax and financing challenges they face in bringing new electricity to market.
Duane Morris represents developers, investors and sovereigns in complex energy projects throughout the world.