Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers as "Lawyers of the Year" for 2015
- Duane Morris Names Partner G. Kirk Domescik Atlanta Office Managing Partner
- Duane Morris Partner David Charapp Honored with Client Choice Award
- Duane Morris Partner Lisa W. Clark to Present at Drexel University Cybersecurity Institute Symposium
- Duane Morris to Host "The Cost/Quality Tradeoff in Care Delivery"
- Four Duane Morris Attorneys to Speak at the Illinois Health Care Association's 64th Annual Convention and Trade Show
- New CMS Guidelines for Acquiring a Medicare Provider: Buyer Beware
- CMS Extends Moratoria for the Enrollment of New Home Health Agencies and Ambulance Suppliers and Providers
- Potential Liability for Wrongful-Birth Claims
Healthcare Fraud and Abuse
What governmental agencies once regarded as simple billing errors are now routinely pursued as fraud and abuse. As efforts of state and federal government and private payors have grown more aggressive in their pursuit of healthcare providers on alleged fraud and abuse issues, the need for seasoned counsel has grown acute. The difference between a simple billing error, a civil False Claims Act prosecution and criminal indictment often depend upon counsel's advocacy.
Our lawyers regularly represent every type of healthcare provider. We are retained by pharmaceutical companies and pharmacies, hospital associations, hospitals and doctors, laboratories and clinics. Our clients also include medical device manufacturers and managed care companies. We regularly handle matters in state and federal trial and appellate courts, as well as before regulatory agencies and professional boards.
Duane Morris Capabilities
Duane Morris healthcare lawyers working on fraud and abuse matters are not merely former prosecutors with familiarity of criminal statutes. We employ a team approach that utilizes not only the skills and relationships of our former prosecutors, but also the knowledge and background of lawyers with extensive experience in complex Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement regulations, including Stark and Antikickback Statute matters. Quality of care cases are defended by lawyers and ancillaries with clinical experience.
Our lawyers develop and implement fraud and abuse compliance programs for all types and sizes of healthcare providers and have extensive experience in negotiating and monitoring corporate integrity agreements.
Our lawyers pride themselves in finding creative solutions for their clients' problems. One of our lawyers has been successful in persuading the government to forego federal false claims prosecution for mediation. Another was involved in the first voluntary disclosures on both the East and West coasts.