Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris Names Partner G. Kirk Domescik Atlanta Office Managing Partner
- Duane Morris Partner David Charapp Honored with Client Choice Award
- The Wharton Healthcare Quarterly Interviews Mitch Goldman, Equity Partner of Duane Morris, LLP
- Duane Morris Special Counsel Michael E. Clark to Present on "The Physician and Attorney Relationship in a Fraud Audit"
- Duane Morris Partner Patricia Hofstra to Present "Health Care Arbitration and Peer Review Hearings"
- Duane Morris Partner William Weiner to Speak at the National Business Institute's Health Law 2014 Seminar
- Potential Liability for Wrongful-Birth Claims
- Mobile Medical Apps Guidance
- The Federal Government's Heightened False Claims Act Enforcement and Prosecution -- Recent Trends and Practical Solutions
Healthcare Fraud and Abuse
What governmental agencies once regarded as simple billing errors are now routinely pursued as fraud and abuse. As efforts of state and federal government and private payors have grown more aggressive in their pursuit of healthcare providers on alleged fraud and abuse issues, the need for seasoned counsel has grown acute. The difference between a simple billing error, a civil False Claims Act prosecution and criminal indictment often depend upon counsel's advocacy.
Our lawyers regularly represent every type of healthcare provider. We are retained by pharmaceutical companies and pharmacies, hospital associations, hospitals and doctors, laboratories and clinics. Our clients also include medical device manufacturers and managed care companies. We regularly handle matters in state and federal trial and appellate courts, as well as before regulatory agencies and professional boards.
Duane Morris Capabilities
Duane Morris healthcare lawyers working on fraud and abuse matters are not merely former prosecutors with familiarity of criminal statutes. We employ a team approach that utilizes not only the skills and relationships of our former prosecutors, but also the knowledge and background of lawyers with extensive experience in complex Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement regulations, including Stark and Antikickback Statute matters. Quality of care cases are defended by lawyers and ancillaries with clinical experience.
Our lawyers develop and implement fraud and abuse compliance programs for all types and sizes of healthcare providers and have extensive experience in negotiating and monitoring corporate integrity agreements.
Our lawyers pride themselves in finding creative solutions for their clients' problems. One of our lawyers has been successful in persuading the government to forego federal false claims prosecution for mediation. Another was involved in the first voluntary disclosures on both the East and West coasts.