Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris Partner David Charapp Honored with Client Choice Award
- The Wharton Healthcare Quarterly Interviews Mitch Goldman, Equity Partner of Duane Morris, LLP
- Duane Morris Washington, D.C. Office Adds Health Law Special Counsel Harry Silver
- Duane Morris to Co-Host "The 2013 mHealth Prognosis: Converging Business and Legal Trends"
- Duane Morris Partner Neville Bilimoria to Speak at IHCA's Managed Care Organization Symposium
- Duane Morris Partner Neville Bilimoria to Discuss "Yet More Updates to HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules: Avoiding Liability in the Age of Electronic Health Records"
- Duane Morris Attorneys Teresa Cavenagh, Michael Mustokoff and Michael Clark to Present at False Claims Act and Qui Tam Trial Institute
- Duane Morris Attorneys Lisa Clark, Ken Keane and Michael Swit to Explore "mHealth Converges—The Impact of FCC, HIPAA/Privacy and FDA Challenges"
- Duane Morris Attorney Emmy Monahan to Discuss Federal Healthcare Reform
- State Medicaid Fraud Control Units' Data Mining Likely to Increase Through Federal Funding
- FDA Enforcement Action Against uChek: Does It Signal an Agency Wake-up Call for Non-compliant Mobile Medical Apps?
- Telemedicine 2.0: It's All About Access and Wellness
Healthcare Fraud and Abuse
What governmental agencies once regarded as simple billing errors are now routinely pursued as fraud and abuse. As efforts of state and federal government and private payors have grown more aggressive in their pursuit of healthcare providers on alleged fraud and abuse issues, the need for seasoned counsel has grown acute. The difference between a simple billing error, a civil False Claims Act prosecution and criminal indictment often depend upon counsel's advocacy.
Our lawyers regularly represent every type of healthcare provider. We are retained by pharmaceutical companies and pharmacies, hospital associations, hospitals and doctors, laboratories and clinics. Our clients also include medical device manufacturers and managed care companies. We regularly handle matters in state and federal trial and appellate courts, as well as before regulatory agencies and professional boards.
Duane Morris Capabilities
Duane Morris healthcare lawyers working on fraud and abuse matters are not merely former prosecutors with familiarity of criminal statutes. We employ a team approach that utilizes not only the skills and relationships of our former prosecutors, but also the knowledge and background of lawyers with extensive experience in complex Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement regulations, including Stark and Antikickback Statute matters. Quality of care cases are defended by lawyers and ancillaries with clinical experience.
Our lawyers develop and implement fraud and abuse compliance programs for all types and sizes of healthcare providers and have extensive experience in negotiating and monitoring corporate integrity agreements.
Our lawyers pride themselves in finding creative solutions for their clients' problems. One of our lawyers has been successful in persuading the government to forego federal false claims prosecution for mediation. Another was involved in the first voluntary disclosures on both the East and West coasts.