- Duane Morris Partner Marco Gonzalez, Jr. Named "Business Professional of the Year - Legal Industry" for 2012 by the Statewide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey
- Duane Morris & Selvam LLP Hosts Singapore-Latin American Investment Summit
- Duane Morris LLP and Mexico City Law Firm Miranda & Estavillo, S.C., Enter Into Agreement to Formalize Cooperative Relationship
- Duane Morris Attorneys Eduardo Ramos-Gómez and Rosa Ertze to Speak at Mexico's Legal and Business Forum
- Duane Morris Partner Lida Rodriguez-Taseff to Speak on "In the Arena: How Women and Girls Change the World"
- Duane Morris Partner Denyse Sabagh to Discuss "Stateside Provisional Waivers"
- Key Bill of Amendments to the Mexican Federal Labor Law and Its Potential Impacts on Employers in Mexico
- Privacy Notice to Be Given by Mexican Entities and Individuals Under the Federal Protection Law of Personal Data
Mexico Business Group
Companies around the world seeking to develop and enhance business interests in Mexico rely on Duane Morris and the unique legal and cultural experience of the firm's attorneys to assist with a broad variety of legal matters. With lawyers in the United States and abroad who are bilingual and trained in both U.S. and Mexican law, Duane Morris helps international clients in the United States, Mexico and beyond—particularly in the areas of infrastructure, health, food, transportation, banking, telecommunications, real estate and intellectual property.
Duane Morris offers extensive experience advising U.S. clients on their market entry strategy in Mexico and Latin America, including all regulatory and transactional aspects. The firm handles complex corporate and international trade law issues involved in cross-border investments. In addition to providing clients with strong corporate, mergers and acquisitions, international trade and foreign investment experience, Duane Morris attorneys provide companies with advice in the areas of health law, labor, employment and immigration, and litigation and arbitration that involve cross-border issues.
For decades, the attorneys in the firm's Latin America Business Group have advised clients doing business in Brazil, Mexico, the Caribbean and throughout Central America and South America. One of our attorneys formerly served as Mexico's Ambassador to Singapore, Negara Brunei Darussalam and the Union of Myanmar, is a member of the Commission on Globalization World Forum and is a president of the U.S.-Mexico Chamber of Commerce. Another Duane Morris attorney studied law in Venezuela, worked with the Agency for International Development in Bolivia and Brazil, and served as Latin American counsel for one of the world's largest corporations for nearly a decade. Still other Duane Morris lawyers are leaders in Latin American and Hispanic bar and business groups who devote their practice to the specifics of doing business in Brazil, Puerto Rico, Cuba and elsewhere in Latin America.
In 2011, Duane Morris entered into an agreement creating an alliance with Mexico City law firm Miranda & Estavillo, S.C. formalizing and strengthening a longtime referral and networking relationship between the two independent firms.
For More Information
Disclaimer: The alliance between Duane Morris and Mexico City law firm Miranda & Estavillo, S.C. is based on a cooperative relationship agreement. Clients of one firm are not clients of the other unless an explicit agreement has been executed that confirms that an attorney-client relationship has been established and the terms of that relationship.