- Duane Morris Partner Lee J. Potter, Jr., to Receive Pro Bono Award from City Bar Justice Center
- Duane Morris Partner Richard Jaffe Elected to Association for Corporate Growth Global Board of Directors
- Duane Morris Recommits as Global Growth Sponsor of Association for Corporate Growth
- Duane Morris Partner Jonathan Armstrong to Present "The UK Bribery Act 2010—The Toughest Anti-Corruption Standard in the World?"
- Duane Morris Partner Jonathan Armstrong to Speak on "Anti-Corruption and Bribery"
- Duane Morris Partner Richard Silfen to Explore "Accounting Issues"
- The Second Annual FashInvest Spring Speed Dating Event
- 2011 FashInvest Capital Conference
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Proposes Testing Method to Classify Footwear
- Reminder: New Law Takes Effect Regarding Commissioned Employees
- Manufacturers and Retailers Doing Business in California Are Required to Take Action to Prevent Slavery and Human Trafficking
Fashion, Apparel and Luxury Goods
The fashion industry is a highly entrepreneurial environment, characterized by tremendous opportunity and almost constant change. Despite the challenging economic conditions, fashion is poised to rebound, with new businesses and new ideas leading the recovery. Venture finance is becoming increasingly available across the industry, providing an economic engine for the next generation of fashion entrepreneurs.
Duane Morris attorneys have extensive experience at the intersection of fashion, business and finance. We understand the unique nature of the fashion industry, and our long history in the private equity and venture capital markets gives our attorneys the knowledge to guide clients through the complexities of starting a company and bringing a product to market. Our attorneys are active participants and recognized thought leaders in the fashion and apparel sectors, and they draw upon relationships with key players on all sides of the industry.
Duane Morris represents major retail chains in the United States, Asia, Europe and Mexico, as well as regional brands, family owned companies, designers, startups, manufacturers and importers, and investors including banks and equity funds in the fashion industry in a variety of legal matters. In addition to corporate, finance, and mergers and acquisitions work, Duane Morris attorneys provide advice to the firm's fashion and retail clients in the areas of intellectual property licensing and trademark and patent filings; real estate; bankruptcy; litigation; labor and employment; loss prevention; importation issues, including North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) issues relating to trade between the United States, Mexico and Canada; and compliance matters.
At Duane Morris, our attorneys possess the knowledge to guide clients from a legal perspective and the experience to analyze the most effective business strategies at every stage of their growth. We work with clients to not only spot opportunities, but also to avoid common missteps and plan effectively for likely developmental issues through smart structuring and tax-advantaged approaches. Our experience encompasses all sides of the transaction: from debt to equity, from investment to realization and from buying to selling.