Attorney Listing Related Matters Listing
- Duane Morris Intellectual Property Practice Wins Two Managing Intellectual Property North America Awards
- Duane Morris Practice Groups Receive Top Rankings from U.S. News-Best Lawyers for 2014
- Pair of Woodcock Washburn IP Litigators Join Duane Morris
- Duane Morris Partner Laurie H. van Loben Sels to Speak at the CEB's Social Media Webinar Series
- Duane Morris Partners Anthony Fitzpatrick and Mark Fischer to Be Panelists at the 17th Annual New England Conference Intellectual Property Law 2014
- Duane Morris Partner Mark Fischer to Moderate the "NE Chapter: The Rise of Fair Use? A Look at the State of the Fair Use Defense" Panel
- Duane Morris Partner Mark Fischer to Present "Museums and Intellectual Property in a Digital World"
- Duane Morris Partner Eric Sinrod to Moderate Panel on "Data Portability"
- Federal Circuit Reverses District Court on Claim Construction in Patent Suit Involving Google's Street View
- Sunrise Periods for First Wave of gTLDs Are Now Open
- Beware of Non-USPTO Solicitations
Trademarks, Copyrights, Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
Our Intellectual Property attorneys assist clients in obtaining trademarks and copyrights, perform searches and render registrability opinions. Duane Morris has been repeatedly ranked among the top trademark filing law firms by Trademark Insider, IP Today and IP Law360. We file and maintain thousands of applications to register trademarks, current trademark registrations and copyrights each year in the U.S. We also coordinate with our international networks of law firms to file and maintain thousands of trademark applications and registrations throughout the world. We offer our clients technology solutions for real-time trademark docket management through the Duane Morris IP Portal, giving clients anytime/anywhere access to information on their IP holdings, including status updates on filings and alerts to upcoming deadlines.
We help clients establish, enforce and challenge trademark rights, both in the United States and abroad. We also counsel clients in trade dress and unfair competition matters under Section 43(a) of the Lanham Act as well as matters involving both IP and antitrust laws such as tying arrangements and covenants not to compete, and disputes regarding publishing rights and piracy.
Our IP trial lawyers litigate trademark claims in federal courts throughout the country, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and the International Trade Commission. We have recovered thousands of domain names from cybersquatters and we counsel clients on domain name strategies, domain name acquisition and the protection of IP rights on the Internet, including through international proceedings of ICANN and WIPO. Duane Morris is a registered trademark agent with ICANN's Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH), a global repository of validated trademarks. Our attorneys can help clients register their trademarks with TMCH to protect their intellectual property with regard to domain names and brand identity. Our attorneys also have significant experience with pharmaceutical trademark and trade dress matters.
In trademark litigation, we focus on protecting the goodwill and brand value that our clients have worked to develop through their trademarks and trade dress. Our attorneys handle an array of trademark, trade dress and unfair competition disputes, including those concerning consumer product trademarks, business names, trademark dilution, trademark counterfeiting, false advertising, and clothing and accessory designs and other forms of trade dress.
We often represent copyright owners in actions against people and businesses that sell infringing items. Similarly, we represent composers, authors, software developers and publishers in protecting their copyrighted works against unauthorized copying, distribution and performance. Our lawyers have obtained ex parte orders to seize counterfeit goods under both the copyright and trademark laws.
Our IP lawyers regularly counsel clients about beneficial strategies to protect their trade secrets and represent them in disputes involving alleged misappropriation of confidential information. Because we are a full service firm, our IP lawyers work with our employment lawyers to draft employment contracts to ensure the protection of corporate-owned trade secrets. Our knowledge of trade secret law enables us to give clients the information and tools they need to safeguard their valuable intellectual property assets.
Our attorneys have handled trade secret litigation concerning a range of diverse technologies, prosecuting and defending claims of trade secret misappropriation in both state and federal courts across the country.