Anjali Kulkarni has broad litigation experience in commercial and securities litigation in federal and state courts. She has specific experience in matters concerning intellectual property, contractual disputes, trademark restructuring, data privacy, data breach and compliance, white-collar defense and large-scale securities litigation.
Ms. Kulkarni is a 2013 graduate of Santa Clara University School of Law. She holds a master’s degree in teaching from Pace University and also is a graduate of the University of Southern California. Ms. Kulkarni is an ANSI accredited Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States Credential through the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Areas of Practice
White-Collar Criminal Defense
- Defense of State Senator indicted on RICO, Racketeering, Honest Services Fraud and Arms Trafficking. Drafted sentencing memoranda, probation reports, rebuttals to government sentencing memoranda and legal bases for oral argument.
- Defense of Securities Investor indicted on Securities fraud. Drafted motion to dismiss, motion to seal documents; sentencing memorandum; responded to government rebuttals and oppositions; managed discovery.
- Advise on data breach and compliance cases, including HIPAA violations and Financial Institution violations. Familiar with data privacy regulations for all 50 states and preparation of notification letters for consumers and federal agencies.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Pace University, M.S., 2009
- University of Southern California, B.A., 2007
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2017-present
- Murphy, Pearson, Bradley & Feeney LLP
- Associate, 2014-2017
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Associate, 2013-2014
Justice and Diversity Center of San Francisco
- Board Member, January 2018
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Board of Directors, 2017-2020
Co-author, "New Jersey Supreme Court Blocks Public Access to Police Dashcam Footage," Duane Morris Alert, August 16, 2018
Co-author, "California Passes Nation's Strictest Data Privacy Law," Duane Morris Alert, July 9, 2018
"Ransomware: A Growing Threat," San Francisco Attorney Magazine, Spring 2018
Co-author, "Recreational Cannabis for Sale in California," Cannabis Blog, January 4, 2018