David T. Skinner advises clients in a variety of corporate and transactional matters, focusing in the healthcare, life sciences, technology and manufacturing industries. Mr. Skinner represents buyers and sellers in structuring, negotiating and documenting mergers and acquisitions transactions, including mergers, stock and asset sales, private equity portfolio company acquisitions, dispositions and bolt-ons, auction processes, going-private transactions and venture-stage investments. He represents clients in securities laws compliance matters and capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings, shelf offerings and at-the-market offerings. He also has substantial experience negotiating commercial contracts and in corporate governance matters.
Mr. Skinner is a 2012 cum laude graduate of Boston University College of Law and a graduate of Wesleyan University.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Commercial Contracts and Governance
- Capital Markets
- New Jersey
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2012
- Wesleyan University, B.A., 2008
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2017-present
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Associate, 2012-2017
Association for Corporate Growth, Philadelphia Chapter
American Bar Association
Philadelphia Bar Association
- Business Law Section
Westfield Friends School (Cinnaminson, NJ)
- Represented the ownership group of a large automotive parts seller and remanufacturer in the sale of their controlling stake in the company to its senior lender.
- Represented Chargeurs Fashion Technologies, the world’s second-largest apparel interlinings manufacturer, in its acquisition of Precision Custom Coatings’ interlinings business, an $80 million revenue business based in the U.S. and Asia.
- Represented IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS), a leading world-wide integrated information and technology-enabled healthcare service provider, in connection with the acquisition of 100 percent of the outstanding membership interests of Chemical Information Services, LLC, a private equity-backed-Dallas-based technology company that provides online databases for chemical and pharmaceutical companies.
- Represented PharmScript, a leading pharmacy provider to long-term care and post-acute care facilities, in the acquisition of a long-term care pharmacy located near Nashville,
- Represented a New Jersey dental practice in its sale to Mid-Atlantic Dental Partners, a dental support organization.
- Represented the owners of MetroAlert, Inc., which provides software to law enforcement agencies in the Mid-Atlantic region, in a sale of 100% of its stock to TriTech Software Systems, an Insight Venture Partners portfolio investment.
- Represented a subsidiary of a French rail operator in a $12 million sale of its U.S. bus tour business.
- Represented a foreign family office in a $5 million Series C investment in a US-based leading global provider of parcel delivery software and hardware to businesses in the U.S. and Europe.
- Represented Littlejohn & Co., LLC in its $190 million sale of DeltaTech Controls to Sensata Technologies Holding N.V.
- Represented Global Partner Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its $423 million acquisition of Sequel Youth and Family Services, a national provider of diversified behavioral health services.
- Represented Infor, a multi-national privately-held United States-based enterprise software company in multiple acquisitions, including its acquisition of Starmount Inc., an Austin-based provider of retail point-of-sale and inventory management software solutions, as well as its acquisition of Ciber’s Infor practice.
- Represented Graymont, a global, privately-held producer of lime and lime based products and construction materials, in its sale of New York Materials assets to Upstone Materials, Inc.
- Represented a privately-held Memphis, TN oncology analytics and CRO company in the sale of its Pharma Services (CRO) Division to an Australia-based CRO.
- Represented Marsh & McLennan Agency in multiple acquisitions, including its acquisition of MHBT Inc., a Dallas-based insurance brokerage with $76 million of annual revenue, as well as its acquisition of Corporate Consulting Services, Ltd., a New York-based insurance brokerage and human resource consulting firm.
- Counsel to a number of NASDAQ- and NYSE-listed companies in the retail, pharmaceutical, REIT, construction materials and other industries with respect to SEC reporting, annual meetings and proxy votes and other corporate governance matters, including the preparation of annual reports on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, current reports on Form 8-K and proxy statements.
- Represented Phenom People, a leading talent relationship marketing company, in a $22 million Series B financing led by AXA Venture Partners.
- Represented CubeSmart, an American real estate investment trust and provider of self-storage facilities, in several bond offerings totaling $400 million.
- Represented CubeSmart in its at-the-market offering of up to $300 million worth of common stock.
- Represented Zynerba Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a development-stage biopharmaceutical company, in its $50 million initial public offering and listing on the NASDAQ.
- Represented a construction materials business in a 144A high yield debt offering.
- Represented a clinical research organization in multiple private rounds of equity and debt offerings totaling $3 million.
- Represented J.P. Morgan, and their co-lenders Winthrop Capital Partners and Witkoff Group, as first lien lenders in the closing of a debt restructuring and equity transfer involving the Ocean Resort Casino, a casino hotel located in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Represented Aevi Genomic Medicine, Inc. in its in-license of rights of a monoclonal antibody from Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co., Ltd.
- Represented a leading poultry producer in an exclusive agreement to obtain a supply of poultry vaccine.