David T. Skinner practices in the area of corporate law. Mr. Skinner represents buyers and sellers in structuring, documenting and closing a variety of mergers and acquisitions transactions, including mergers, stock and asset sales, private equity transactions, auction processes, going-private transactions and venture-stage investments. He also has experience with commercial contracts and governance and capital markets, representing issuers in connection with securities offerings, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings, shelf offerings and at-the-market offerings.
Mr. Skinner is a 2012 cum laude graduate of Boston University College of Law and a graduate of Wesleyan University.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Commercial Contracts and Governance
- Capital Markets
- New Jersey
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2012
- Wesleyan University, B.A., 2008
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2017-present
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Associate, 2012-2017
- Represented a foreign family office in a $5 million Series C investment in a US-based leading global provider of parcel delivery software and hardware to businesses in the U.S. and Europe.
- Represented Chargeurs Fashion Technologies, the world’s second-largest apparel interlinings manufacturer, in its acquisition of Precision Custom Coatings’ interlinings business, an $80 million revenue business based in the U.S. and Asia.
- Represented the owners of MetroAlert, Inc., which provides software to law enforcement agencies in the Mid-Atlantic region, in a sale of 100% of its stock to TriTech Software Systems, an Insight Venture Partners portfolio investment.
- Represented a subsidiary of a French rail operator in a $12 million sale of its U.S. bus tour business.
- Represented Graymont, a global, privately-held producer of lime and lime based products and construction materials, in its sale of New York Materials assets to Upstone Materials, Inc.
- Represented Infor, a multi-national privately-held United States-based enterprise software company in multiple acquisitions, including its acquisition of Starmount Inc., an Austin-based provider of retail point-of-sale and inventory management software solutions, as well as its acquisition of Ciber’s Infor practice.
- Represented a privately-held Memphis, TN oncology analytics and CRO company in the sale of its Pharma Services (CRO) Division to an Australia-based CRO.
- Represented Marsh & McLennan Agency in multiple acquisitions, including its acquisition of MHBT Inc., a Dallas-based insurance brokerage with $76 million of annual revenue, as well as its acquisition of Corporate Consulting Services, Ltd., a New York-based insurance brokerage and human resource consulting firm.
- Represented a consumer finance company in a green energy joint venture, including preparing offering agreement and private placement memorandum in connection with the offering of equity interests.
- Represented Littlejohn & Co., LLC in its $190 million sale of DeltaTech Controls to Sensata Technologies Holding N.V.
- Represented Global Partner Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its $423 million acquisition of Sequel Youth and Family Services, a national provider of diversified behavioral health services.
- Counsel to a number of NASDAQ- and NYSE-listed companies in the retail, pharmaceutical, REIT, construction materials and other industries with respect to SEC reporting, annual meetings and proxy votes and other corporate governance matters, including the preparation of annual reports on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, current reports on Form 8-K and proxy statements.
- Represented Phenom People, a leading talent relationship marketing company, in a $22 million Series B financing led by AXA Venture Partners.
- Represented CubeSmart, an American real estate investment trust and provider of self-storage facilities, in several bond offerings totaling $400 million.
- Represented CubeSmart in its at-the-market offering of up to $300 million worth of common stock.
- Represented a construction materials business in a 144A high yield debt offering.
- Represented a clinical research organization in multiple private rounds of equity and debt offerings totaling $3 million.
- Represented Zynerba Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a development-stage biopharmaceutical company, in its $50 million initial public offering and listing on the NASDAQ.
- Represented J.P. Morgan, and their co-lenders Winthrop Capital Partners and Witkoff Group, as first lien lenders in the closing of a debt restructuring and equity transfer involving the Ocean Resort Casino, a casino hotel located in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Represented Aevi Genomic Medicine, Inc. in its in-license of rights of a monoclonal antibody from Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co., Ltd.
- Represented a large provider of lubricant distribution and other related services in a consolidation and reorganization of a large number of subsidiaries.
- Represented a leading poultry producer in an exclusive agreement to obtain a supply of poultry vaccine.