Edward Pickard practices in the areas of privacy, technology and commercial litigation. Mr. Pickard has particular experience advising on privacy compliance matters across a number of sectors including technology, marketing and media, financial services and not-for-profits. He has advised on group GDPR compliance programs, including creating strategies around data mapping, drafting and advising on policies (internal and external facing), advising on international data transfers, dealing with and advising on data processor matters, dealing with individuals exercising their right (including data subject access requests) and advising on privacy governance structures.
Mr. Pickard also has experience reviewing and drafting a wide variety of commercial contacts, having advised on multi-jurisdictional distribution and enterprise agreements, software development and license agreements, general terms and conditions for the supply of goods and service and framework agreements. He also spent six months working in-house, sitting in the commercial legal team. Mr. Pickard’s main role consisted of liaising with the commercial sales team, negotiating the commercial terms with current and prospective customers and drafting amendments to the contractual terms.
In addition, Mr.Pickard also advises on a number of matters relating to marketing and advertising law across sectors such as consumer products and services, e-commerce and gaming. He has advised on website compliance, advertising and marketing material, broadcasting rules and direct marketing compliance and procedure.
- England and Wales
- University of Law, Birmingham, LPC with M.Sc. in Law and Business, 2017
- University of Law, Birmingham, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2016
- University of Nottingham, B.A. (Hons), 2015
- Associate, 2019-present
- Trainee Solicitor, 2017-2019
- Moody’s Investors Service, EMEA Legal, Commercial
- Secondee, 2019-2020
- Co-author, "CJEU Declares Privacy Shield Invalid but Upholds Validity of Model Clauses (Sort Of)," Duane Morris Alert, July 17, 2020
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Presenter, "Privacy Issues in Cross-Border Litigation," Duane Morris Data Privacy and Security Landscape: Legal Developments in the United States and Beyond Webinar Series, June 30, 2021
Co-presenter, “How do EU Data protection laws affect my organization?”, Thomson Reuters Training Webinar