Ms. Sodhi represents financial institutions and investors in a wide array of financing transactions, ranging from acquisition loans, construction loans and other real-estate secured loans to asset-based loans, premium financings and complicated commercial loans. Her experience includes advising both agent banks and participants, and drafting and negotiating complex intercreditor agreements, participation agreements and subordination agreements. She also advises clients in connection with loan restructurings, workouts and settlements, and loan, judgment and “REO” purchase/sale transactions.
Ms. Sodhi is a 2002 graduate, with honors, of Emory University School of Law, where she was executive articles editor of the International Law Journal, and a magna cum laude graduate of Boston College.
Areas of Practice
Commercial Real Estate
- Represented lender in a $17.5 million participation in a $1 million credit facility comprised of revolving and multi-tranched term loans and secured by corporate assets.
- Represented lender in an uncommitted, revolving line of credit in the amount of $15 million to finance short term working capital secured by a first priority security interest in accounts receivable, inventory, and other business assets subject to the terms of an intercreditor agreement with multiple other creditors.
- Represented lender in connection with a $9.6 million loan collateralized by a security interest in a Boeing 747 and 4 jet engines and a collateral assignment of aircraft lease with respect to same.
- Represented lender in connection with a $9.5 million loan secured by an assignment of life insurance company, involving a policy and assignment governed by the laws of Bermuda and a Cayman Islands trust as borrower.
- Represented a developer in the construction and financing of a 175 room hotel in Surfside Florida, including coordination of a joint venture, negotiation of the general contractor’s agreement, and negotiation of documents for a $35 million construction loan.
- Represented the purchaser of approximately 200 units of a fractured condominium project in Bradenton, Florida in a bulk sale, including the negotiation of the purchase, diligence review and condominium document analysis, and negotiation of an $8.8 million CMBS loan.
- Represented lender, as local counsel, in connection with a $248 million loan for the refinancing, renovation and expansion of a luxury golf and hotel resort in Aventura, Florida.
- Represented lender, as local counsel, in an $80 million loan for the construction of a mixed-use luxury apartment tower in downtown Miami.
- Represented lender in a $14 million loan for the construction of a Class A senior housing community in Jupiter, Florida and the issuance of a letter of credit in excess of $1.2 billion in connection with certain related development obligations.
- Represented lender in a $12 million refinancing of a warehouse facility located in Dania Beach, Florida, with half of the loan subject to a swap.
- Represented lender, as agent, in a $42 million syndicated loan for the construction of a 216-unit apartment complex in Philadelphia Pennsylvania's Old City.
- Represented Florida Community Bank in the negotiation, diligence and documentation of a $59 million loan for the construction of a 10-story Mediterranean style mixed-use project in Coral Gables, Florida, featuring 227 residential and 57 commercial condominium units.
- Represented investor in the acquisition of a distressed loan in excess of $3 billion secured by a 24-unit apartment building in Surfside, Florida and subsequent workout and repayment.
Commercial/Asset Based Finance
Real Estate Acquisition, Development and Finance
Distressed Loan Work
- New York
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2002
- Executive Articles Editor, International Law Journal
- Boston College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1998
- Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2017-present
- Carlton Fields Jorden Burt P.A.
- Shareholder, 2013-2017
- Attorney, 2004-2013
- Paul Hastings
- Attorney, 2002-2004
- The Florida Bar
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Miami
- Quoted, "Miami Attorneys Negotiate Loan in Slower Construction Lending Climate," Daily Business Review, October 10, 2017