Elise S. Berman concentrates her practice in business immigration law. Ms. Berman represents companies in connection with obtaining temporary work visas on behalf of foreign nationals and permanent residence sponsorship on behalf of foreign national employees.
Ms. Berman has extensive experience representing corporate clients in connection with nonimmigrant and immigrant visas and in counseling employers in connection with I-9 matters and teaching them to conduct self-audits. She also has experience in family-based immigration law and naturalization.
Ms. Berman is a graduate of the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law and holds an M.A. from New York University. She is also a graduate of Clark University.
Areas of Practice
- Immigration and Nationality
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., 1983
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Employment Life Cycle of the Remote Employee," The New Reality of Workplace Law and Practice in the COVID-19 Era, Duane Morris LLP, Webinar, October 27, 2020