Emily Kowey Roth is a trial attorney who represents clients nationally in complex commercial disputes in a variety of matters, including contract disputes, consumer class actions, and business torts, with an emphasis on non-compete and trade secret litigation.
Ms. Roth also counsels clients on an array of pre-litigation and regulatory compliance matters, and has experience litigating insurance coverage and bad faith actions, construction disputes, and high-value personal injury cases. Prior to joining Duane Morris, Ms. Roth was an associate at an AmLaw100 firm. Ms. Roth also interned with a Judge of the Court of Common Pleas of Montgomery County.
Ms. Roth is a 2015 cum laude graduate of Temple University Beasley School of Law, where she was executive editor of the Temple Political & Civil Rights Law Review, and is a graduate, with distinction, of Pennsylvania State University, Schreyer Honors College.
- Represent leading food services provider in connection with federal trade secret and non-compete litigation.
- Represented client in emergency injunction proceedings involving non-compete and confidentiality agreements.
- Advise client in healthcare services industry on pre-litigation matters involving trade secret and non-compete issues.
- Represented retail-design client in trade secret litigation; obtained ruling granting client all attorneys’ fees for claims brought under the Pennsylvania Uniform Trade Secrets Act.
- Represented juice company in purported class action alleging violations of various California consumer protection laws; obtained dismissal with prejudice.
- Advise a leading manufacturer on federal regulatory compliance issues related to beverage labeling.
- Advised client in insurance industry on compliance issues affecting thousands of policies relating to statutory requirements for mandatory coverage.
- Represent product supplier in federal litigation involving breach of contract and fraud claims.
- Represent client in matter involving breach of real estate lease; obtained injunctive relief on client’s behalf.
- Represented insurer in a variety of declaratory judgment actions across the country involving bad faith/duty to defend claims in state and federal courts across the country; obtained dismissals with prejudice on behalf of client.
Non-Compete and Trade Secret Matters
Class Actions and Regulatory Compliance Matters
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- Executive Editor, Temple Political & Civil Rights Law Review
- Certificate in Trial Advocacy
- Fellow, Rubin Public Interest Honor Society
- Teacher’s Assistant, Legal Research & Writing Program
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.A., with distinction, 2012
-Phi Beta Kappa
Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2019-present
Fox Rothschild LLP
- Associate, 2015-2019
Pennsylvania State University Schreyer Scholar Alumni Society
- Board of Directors, 2018 – 2024
- Executive Committee, Alumni and Student Engagement Chair, 2019 – 2021
Civic and Charitable Activities
Volunteering Untapped Philadelphia
Co-author, "Curbing Food and Cosmetic Class Actions Through Arbitration, Dispute Resolution and Class-Action Waivers," Thomson Reuters, September 17, 2019
Co-author, "Restricting Restrictions - New Legislation in Washington and Oregon Limits the Enforceability of Noncompete Agreements," Duane Morris Alert, June 3, 2019
Selected Speaking Engagements
- CLE Presenter, "Arbitration and Class Action Waiver Clauses in Consumer Contracts," Trial Practice Group CLE Program, September 20, 2019
CLE Presenter, Evolving Ethical Considerations in E-Discovery, April 2019
Panelist, Schreyer Honors College CONNECT Seminar, March 2019