Evan Michailidis practices in the area of litigation, with a focus on complex commercial litigation; domestic and international white-collar criminal defense, including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations; class action defense; products liability; and employment litigation. Mr. Michailidis is listed in the 2012-2016 editions of New York Super Lawyers as a Rising Star.
Mr. Michailidis is a 2006 graduate of Emory School of Law and a cum laude graduate of Columbia University.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- White-Collar Defense
- Products Liability Litigation
- Obtained on behalf of a large grocery store chain a settlement the client found favorable in a consolidated FLSA and multi-state Rule 26 class action lawsuit alleging the failure to properly pay overtime.
- Obtained a dismissal of two appeals against JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in the Supreme Court of New York, Appellate Division-Second Judicial Department, concerning the borrower's standing to bring the appeals.
- Obtained on behalf of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. from the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Appellate Division-Second Judicial Department, an affirmation of a lower court ruling that property transferred pursuant to a judgment imposing a constructive trust is transferred subject to the existing lien.
- Obtained on behalf of Sagi Genger and TPR Investment Associates, Inc., on behalf of AG Properties Co., a decision and order from the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York granting a motion for sanctions against opposing parties and their counsel.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Columbia University, B.A., cum laude, 2001
- Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, 2015-present
- Associate, 2011-2014
- Snow Becker Krauss, P.C.
- Associate, 2006-2011
- American Arbitration Association
- Arbitrator, Expedited Panel
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a New York Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2012-2016