Jonathan E. Crandall is a partner in Duane Morris LLP and a director in the Singapore-based joint law venture Duane Morris & Selvam LLP. Mr. Crandall practices in the area of corporate law. He has extensive experience acting on complex, high-profile transactions for leading clients across ASEAN, India, Hong Kong, the United States, Europe and the Middle East.
Mr. Crandall advises issuers, underwriters and shareholders on a broad range of Rule 144A and Regulation S equity and debt capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, rights issues, preferential offerings, block trades, investment grade and high yield bonds, medium-term note programs and liability management, as well as on M&A and corporate law matters. His practice includes advising across a diverse array of industries, including banking and finance, petroleum and petrochemicals, energy, natural resources, infrastructure, real estate, manufacturing, aviation, telecommunications, retail, consumer, technology, healthcare, and food and beverages.
Mr. Crandall has advised on more than 60 equity and debt offerings throughout the world, with total proceeds of over US$24 billion.
Mr. Crandall received his J.D. from New York University School of Law and his B.A. in Mathematics from the University of Alaska Anchorage. He is admitted in New York.
Areas of Practice
- Capital Markets
- Advised Kotak, Citi and CLSA on the proposed IPO of Aakash Educational Services.
- Advised Edelweiss, IIFL, SBI Capital Markets and IDBI Capital Markets & Securities on the proposed IPO of Bajaj Energy.
- Advised Kotak, Merrill Lynch, Citi and PNB Investment Services on the proposed IPO of PNB MetLife India Insurance Company.
- Advised Kotak, Citi, Morgan Stanley and Motilal Oswal on the US $680 million concurrent QIP and rights offer by Piramal Enterprises.
- Advised J.P. Morgan and Kotak as managers for the US $2 billion share buyback by Infosys by way of a tender offer.
- Advised Citi and J.P. Morgan as placement agents on the sale of Engie’s 10% stake in Petronet LNG.
- Advised DSP Merrill Lynch, Kotak Mahindra Capital Company and Morgan Stanley on the US $906 million QIP by Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited.
- Advised Carlyle as selling shareholder on the US $174 million IPO of Metropolis Healthcare.
- Advised Kotak, Citi, Credit Suisse and IIFL on the US $285 million IPO of Varroc Engineering.
- Advised Blackstone and Embassy Property Development on the US $690 million IPO of Embassy Office Parks REIT, India’s first ever REIT IPO.
- Advised Kotak, Axis, Citi, Edelweiss, IIFL and Yes Securities on the US $190 million IPO of Polycab India.
- Advised Kotak, Axis, Goldman Sachs, JM Financial and J.P. Morgan on the US $687 million IPO of Bandhan Bank, India’s largest ever bank IPO.
- Advised Goldman Sachs as selling shareholder on the proposed IPO of Samhi Hotels.
- Advised Axis and Citi on the US $175 million IPO of Endurance Technologies.
- Advised Edelweiss, Axis, Jefferies, Nomura, Motilal Oswal, SBI Capital, SMC Capital and Spark Capital Advisors on the US $184 million IPO of BSE Ltd (formerly, the Bombay Stock Exchange).
- Advised an Indian renewable energy company on its proposed SEC registered IPO and Nasdaq listing.
- Advised a Vietnamese entity on its proposed issuance of notes.
- Advised Vietcombank on its proposed sale of a 7.73% stake to GIC.
- Advised an Indian fast-moving consumer goods company on its proposed SEC registered IPO and Nasdaq listing.
- Advised CYBG (the holding company of Clydesdale Bank) on its £396 million IPO and premium listing on the LSE.
- Advised Apax Global Alpha on its €300 million IPO and premium listing on the LSE.
- Advised the underwriters on the proposed top-up placement by a listed Philippines conglomerate.
- Advised Indiabulls Real Estate on its US $175 million 10.25% high yield notes due 2019, and on its subsequent tender offer to re-purchase part of these notes.
- Advised DSP Merrill Lynch, CLSA, SBI Capital Markets and Axis on the US $600 million QIP by Indiabulls Housing Finance.
- Advised Citi, Deutsche Equities, IIFL and Kotak on the US $387 million QIP by Federal Bank Limited.
- Advised an Indian power company on its proposed issuance of high yield notes.
- Advised Credit Suisse and UBS on the US $321 million rights offer by Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation.
- Advised the sponsors on the proposed secondary listing of an Australian Company on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised J.P. Morgan and Morgan Stanley as joint sponsors for the US $5 billion IPO of Budweiser Brewing Company APAC Ltd.
- Advised PT Surya Pertiwi Tbk on its US $90 million IPO.
- Advised Maybank IB and UBS on the US $1.2 billion rights offer by Malayan Banking Berhad.
- Advised Public Bank on its US $1.5 billion rights offer.
- Advised Citi, Credit Suisse and Indo Premier Securities on the US $114 million IPO of PT Prodia Widyahusada Tbk.
- Advised an Indonesian retail company on its proposed IPO.
- Advised an Indonesian fast-moving consumer goods company on its proposed IPO.
- Advised Credit Suisse, Danareksa and UBS on the US $200 million IPO of PT Blue Bird Tbk.
- Advised RHB Capital on its US $582 million rights offer.
- Advised Eco World International Berhad on its US $580 million IPO.
- Advised Lotte Chemical Titan Holding on its US $878 million IPO.
- Advised Clarinden Investments as selling shareholder on the US $247 million IPO of Leong Hup International Berhad.
- Advised 7-Eleven Malaysia on its US $225 million IPO.
- Advised CIMB Investment Bank, Hong Leong Investment Bank and Maybank Investment Bank on the US $109 million placement by MRCB-Quill REIT.
- Advised Aabar Investments on its divestiture of its 17.75% stake in RHB Bank through a series of private placements.
- Advised the underwriters on the proposed IPO of a foreign bank.
- Advised Credit Suisse and DBS on the US $75 million private placement by Keppel Pacific Oak US REIT.
- Advised a foreign bank on its proposed IPO.
- Advised KrisEnergy on its US $239 million IPO.
- Advised CGS-CIMB Securities, DBS, RHB Securities and Soochow CSSD Capital Markets on the US $102 million preferential offer by Soilbuild Business Space REIT.
- Advised Wells Fargo, Morgan Stanley, DBS and R.W. Pressprich on the establishment of and drawdowns under Avation PLC’s US $1 billion high yield MTN program.
- Advised KrisEnergy on its US $121 million rights offer.
- Advised Citi, DBS, Credit Suisse and CLSA on the US $478 million concurrent preferential offer and private placement by Keppel DC REIT, and on the earlier US $275 million preferential offer by Keppel DC REIT.
- Advised DBS, Morgan Stanley, UBS, Citi, HSBC and OCBC on the US $1.68 billion IPO of Netlink NBN Trust.
- Advised Credit Suisse on the issuance of US $150 million 5.5% high yield notes due 2022 by PT Japfa Comfeed Tbk.
- Advised CIMB, Credit Suisse, Danareksa and Mandiri on the US $393 million rights offer by PT Aneka Tambang Tbk.
- Advised PT Hanjaya Mandala Sampoerna on its US $1.4 billion re-IPO by way of a simultaneous rights offer and private placement. This was Southeast Asia’s largest secondary placement ever.
- Advised Star Energy Geothermal Wayang Windu on its concurrent tender offer, consent solicitation and new issuance of US $350 million 6.125% high yield notes due 2020, and on its subsequent redemption of these notes.
- Advised DBS, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse, Maybank, OCBC and CICC on the US $295 million IPO of Prime US REIT.
- Advised an Indonesian manufacturing company on its proposed issuance of high yield notes.
- Advised HSBC as solicitation agent on the consent solicitation by Indosat Palapa Company B.V. for amendments to its US $650 million 7.375% Guaranteed Senior Notes due 2020.
- New York
- New York University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2010
- University of Alaska Anchorage, B.A., 2006
- Duane Morris LLP
- Partner, February 2020-present
- Duane Morris & Selvam LLP
- Director, February 2020-present
- Clifford Chance Pte Ltd
- Senior Associate, January 2016-January 2020
- Associate, October 2011-December 2015
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Associate, October 2010-August 2011
- Summer Associate, May 2009-August 2009