Joseph M. Casole practices in the area of litigation with a focus on compliance and regulatory law and the gaming industry. He has extensive experience managing regulatory and compliance obligations for gaming licenses as well as regulatory risks and controls for the banking industry. Mr. Casole is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) as well as a Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP).
Mr. Casole is a 2015 graduate of Rutgers School of Law—Camden and a graduate of the University of Delaware.
Areas of Practice
Regulatory and Compliance Law
- Represented J.P. Morgan, and their co-lenders Winthrop Capital Partners and Witkoff Group, as first lien lenders in the closing of a debt restructuring and equity transfer involving the Ocean Resort Casino, a casino hotel located in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Represented Boyd Gaming Corporation in obtaining all gaming regulatory approvals from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board in connection with Boyd Gaming’s acquisition of Valley Forge Casino Resort in suburban Philadelphia.
- Served as regulatory counsel to FanDuel, Inc., a U.S. one-day fantasy sports provider, in connection with its recent merger with Paddy Power Betfair, a leading international sports betting and gaming operator, to form FanDuel Group. FanDuel Group now operates the FanDuel Sportsbook at the Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey, becoming an early entrant to the recently expanded U.S. sports betting market.
- Advised FanDuel, Inc. in connection with the submission of one of the first applications for fantasy sports contest licenses required by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, J.D., 2015
- University of Delaware, B.S., 2012
Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2018-present
Cenlar Federal Savings Bank
- Risk Validation Analyst, 2017-2018
Gaming Laboratories International
- Assistant Corporate Counsel, 2015-2017
New Jersey Bar Association
- Casino Law Section, Secretary
Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Gaming Law Committee
Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP)
Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
American Bar Association
Civic and Charitable Activities
Josh Kahan Fund
- Volunteer, 2004-present
Braveheart Lacrosse Camps LLC
- Youth Coach/Alumni Coordinator, 2008-2015
“Cameras Don’t Lie,” The Barrister (Camden County Bar Association), 2014
Selected Speaking Engagements
“Introduction to Gaming Industry AML & CFT Compliance,” GLI University Featured Webinar Series, 2016