Jovalin Dedaj represents individual and corporate clients in criminal law enforcement investigations and litigation, white collar defense, and internal corporate investigations. He defends corporations, senior officers, and individuals in Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) matters, SEC and DOJ investigations and proceedings, and FINRA enforcement actions. Jovy also represents broker-dealers in arbitrations and regulatory matters before FINRA, the SEC, state regulatory agencies, and other self-regulatory organizations. His practice also includes representation of individuals and companies in connection with complex commercial litigation.
Jovy is a 2016 graduate of Boston College Law School, where he was a senior editor of the Boston College Law Review, and a 2013 cum laude graduate of Boston College, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
- Representing individuals in joint SEC and DOJ investigations and litigation alleging insider trading.
- Representing corporations in FCPA and OFAC enforcement actions and internal investigations.
- Representing broker-dealers before FINRA arbitrations in connection with sales practice violations.
- Represented accounting firm subject to PCAOB investigation.
- Represented publicly traded corporation subject to FINRA insider trading inquiry.
- Represented lawful permanent resident in connection with removal proceedings, securing the restoration of resident status and ending removability for noncitizens convicted under an Arizona narcotics statute. See Guillermo Vera-Valdevinos v. Lynch, 649 Fed. App'x. 597 (9th Cir. 2016).
- Represented extradited individual charged in connection with conspiracy to import controlled substances into the United States.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Areas of Practice
- White Collar Defense
- Broker-Dealer Representation
- Securities Regulation and Litigation
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2016
- Senior Editor, Boston College Law Review
- Boston College, A.B., cum laude, 2013
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2016-present
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association
- Compliance and Legal Society
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
Contributor, Duane Morris White Collar Criminal Law Blog
Author, "Supreme Court Firearms Statute Ruling Opens Floodgates to Appeals," Bloomberg Law, July 3, 2019
Co-author, "DOJ Criminal Division Issues Comprehensive Guidance on Corporate Compliance Programs," Duane Morris Alert, May 17, 2019
- Author, "The Significance of Landry in Upcoming Lucia Rehearing," Law360, March 6, 2017