Mr. Stern is a 2018 summa cum laude graduate of the University of Miami School of Law, where he was online editor of the University of Miami Law Review and elected to the Order of the Coif, and a magna cum laude graduate of Columbia University, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
- Obtained full dismissal of breach of contract and civil trespass claims brought against a publicly traded telecommunications service provider arising from the alleged misplacement of certain underground fiber optic cables.
- Advised a private credit asset management firm on cannabis-related regulatory matters in connection with its provision of a revolving credit facility to support the capital needs of a publicly traded supplier to businesses in the cannabis industry.
- Counsel to an aromatherapy and essential oils products manufacturer in connection with the company’s entry into the cannabidiol (CBD) market.
- Obtained full dismissal of federal and state law discrimination and wage-related claims brought against the CEO of a publicly traded Fortune 500 company.
- Provide state-specific, cannabis-related regulatory advice to a global cannabinoid company with international production and distribution capabilities.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2018
- Order of the Coif
- Online Editor, University of Miami Law Review
- Columbia University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2014
- Phi Beta Kappa
Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2018-present
Federal Bar Association, 2019-present
- Co-author, "Discovery Ruling in District of Minnesota May Have Far-Reaching Implications for FCA Defendants," Duane Morris Alert, October 8, 2019
Contributor, Duane Morris Cannabis Industry Blog
- Co-author, "THC Vaping Health Issues Warrant Safety Standards," Law360, September 25, 2019
Co-author, "FTC Warning Letters and Reports of Vaping-Related Illnesses Hit Cannabis Industry," Duane Morris Alert, September 11, 2019
Co-author, "Much of Oklahoma's $572 Million Opioid Case Likely to Be Replicated Elsewhere, But Unique Cause of Action May Not," Duane Morris Alert, August 28, 2019
Co-author, "OTC Personal Products Manufacturer Cited by FDA for Various Regulatory Violations," Duane Morris Alert, August 27, 2019
Co-author, "Florida’s Budding Cannabis Industry Expands With New Hemp Law," Daily Business Review, July 1, 2019
Co-author, "New Texas Law Advances Hemp Production and Regulation," Duane Morris Alert, June 12, 2019
Co-author, "USDA Provides Memo Clarifying Key Provisions of 2018 Farm Bill Regarding Hemp," Duane Morris Alert, May 30, 2019
Co-author, "A Green Light for the Sunshine State - Florida Legislature Approves Sweeping Changes to Hemp, CBD Regulation," Duane Morris Alert, May 7, 2019
Co-author, “International E-Discovery: How The 11th Circuit’s Interpretation of ‘Possession, Custody, or Control’ May Impact Multinational Corporations,” The Florida Bar Journal, January/February 2019
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Cannabis Banking/Finance Regulatory Issues," South Florida Compliance Association, February 11, 2019
- Speaker, "Cannabis Issues in Commercial Real Estate," 2019 NAI Florida Forum, November 14, 2019
Presenter, "A Look into the World of Cannabis and Hemp," Florida International University, December 11, 2019
Presenter, "Cannabis 204: The Roundup of State Cannabis Legislation," Duane Morris Cannabis Webinar Series, August 20, 2019
Presenter, "Possession, Custody, or Control Under Fed. R. Civ. P. 34: Implications of Interpretation," Miami, FL, April 12, 2019