Kenneth Lim is a Director in the firm's Corporate Practice Group, focusing his practice on regional cross-border investments, private equity and venture capital. He also has experience with emerging market regulatory advice, corporate restructuring, foreign direct investments, cross-border joint ventures, private mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters.
He has extensive experience working with Chinese clients and counterparts. He is fluent in Mandarin, and has drafted Chinese legal documents and negotiated in mandarin. He is also well versed in investments in the ASEAN region, having worked in Yangon, Myanmar for five years.
Kenneth has been active in the fintech space, working closely with startups, venture capital funds, and financial technology companies to provide structuring, investment, and funding legal advice. He has also worked with Web 3 companies, providing a broad range of legal and regulatory advice including ISDA-related matters and MPI applications.
Kenneth earned an LL.B. (Hons) from the National University of Singapore.
Areas of Practice
Mergers and Acquisitions
Venture Capital & Private Equity
Regulatory and Compliance
- National University of Singapore, Faculty of Law, LL.B. (Hons), 2006
- Selvam LLC
- Exyte Group
-Head Enterprise Risk Management, APAC, 2017-2020
- 6 Degrees Capital Pte Ltd
-Founder and Managing Director, 2015-2017
- Rajah & Tann LLP
- The Bank of Nova Scotia Asia Ltd
-Legal Counsel, 2011-2013
- Quahe Woo & Palmer LLC
-Senior Associate, 2009-2011
- Rajah & Tann LLP
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Panelist, “Raising Venture Debt: Who, What, When, Why and How Much?” Hybrid event, co-organised by Duane Morris & Selvam and Genesis Alternative Ventures, Singapore Management University - The Greenhouse, Singapore, 31 March 2022
- Speaker, “VIMA vs. the World – Shareholders’ Agreement”, Singapore, 15 February 2022
- Speaker and Executive Roundtable Discussion Panelist, “Investment in Greater Mekong Sub-Region: Focusing on Myanmar”, Conference organized by Asia Business Connect, Centara Grand at CentralWorld Bangkok, Thailand, 25 September 2014
- Speaker, "Foreign Investment in Myanmar", Seminar organized by OCBC at Mandalay, Myanmar, 11 June 2014
- Speaker and Panelist, “Establishing Financial Institutions in South East Asia", Seminar organized by Formosa Transactional Attorneys at Taipei, Taiwan, 6 May 2014
- Speaker, “Getting It Right: A Legal Perspective”, UOB Symposium on Foreign Investment at Myanmar Parkroyal Hotel, Yangon, Myanmar, 26 February 2014
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Tanjong Pagar Town Council
- Sustainability Committee Representative for Tiong Bahru Constituency
- Member of Public Relations Committee
- Tanjong Pagar-Tiong Bahru Citizen Consultative Committee
-Head of Sustainability Sub-Committee