Kristen Q. Lin practices in the area of corporate law. Ms. Lin represents public and private companies in a broad array of general corporate and transactional matters, which include mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings and corporate governance in various industries.
During law school, Ms. Lin served as a judicial intern for Hon. Ronald L. Ellis in the U.S. District Court, S.D.N.Y. She also served as an intern for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in the Enforcement Division – Complex Financial Instruments Unit. She is conversant in Mandarin, Cantonese and Fujianese.
Ms. Lin is a 2017 cum laude graduate of Brooklyn Law School, where she was Notes & Comments Editor of the Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law, and a graduate of Stony Brook University (M.P.P., 2012; B.A., 2011).
- New York
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2017
◦ Notes & Comments Editor, Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law
◦ International Business Law Fellow, Dennis J. Block Center for the Study of International Business Law
- Stony Brook University, M.P.P., 2012
- Stony Brook University, B.A., 2011
Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2017-present
Co-Author, "Marketing Your Brand on Social Media, " ACG's Middle Market Growth, January/February 2018
- Represented Protagen Protein Services GmbH, a world-leading German Contract Research Organization (“CRO”) and protein science expert, in its acquisition of BioAnalytix, Inc., a pharmaceutically-oriented American biotech company spun-out from the Barnett Institute of Chemical and Biological Analysis at Northeastern University; the transaction establishes a new method of protein analysis in the United States.
- Represented Socati Corp., a leading producer of THC-free hemp extract, in its acquisition of Blue Marble Energy Corporation, a Montana-based hemp extraction and processing company.
- Represented Stonemor Partners (NYSE: STON), a leading owner/operator of cemeteries and funeral homes in multiple states and Puerto Rico, in its $447.5 million recapitalization transaction, consisting of a $385 million private placement of 9.875% Senior Secured PIK Toggle Notes to various noteholders and concurrent private placement of $62.5 million of liquidation value of Series A Convertible Preferred Units of the Partnership to Axar Capital Management.
- Represented A.G.P/ Alliance Global Partners, as lead placement agent and Compass Point Research & Trading, LLC, as co-placement agent, in a $34 million “registered direct” public offering of common stock and warrants of KushCo Holdings, Inc.
- Represented certain investors in a $361 million investment into Covetrus, Inc., a spin out comprised of assets from Henry Schein, Inc. (a publicly traded company) and Vets First Choice (a private equity backed company), as part of a larger $1.5 billion transaction.
- Represented Australian infrastructure and environmental services consulting firm Cardno Limited (ASX: CDD) in its $55 million acquisition of Raba Kistner Inc., a Texas-based 470-person engineering services firm; Raba Kistner becomes part of Cardno’s Construction Sciences division – a leading construction materials testing business in Australia – and significantly expands Construction Sciences’ geographic footprint.
- Represented AGP/Alliance Global Partners Inc., a wealth management firm, in a $36 million registered direct public offering of common stock and warrants for Kush Bottles Inc.
- Represented iAnthus Capital Holdings, Inc. as U.S. counsel in connection with its all-stock merger with MPX Bioceutical Corp., offering equity consideration to MPX shareholders valued at $1.6 billion, representing the first “public to public” merger in U.S. cannabis history.
- Represented Intermarket Communications, Inc., a New York strategic communications consultancy, in its sale to Lansons Communications LLP, a leading London independent reputation management consultancy, to form an entity (Lansons Intermarket) with a combined annual fee income of about £13mm ($17mm). Lansons acquired an initial 51% of Intermarket in cash with the remaining 49% stake to be purchased in two additional tranches over the next three years based on business performance.
- Represented FLRish, Inc. d/b/a Harborside, a private vertically integrated California cannabis company, in its reverse takeover of Canada-based Lineage Grow Company (CSE:BUDD); their combined value exceeds $250 million, and the transaction enabled FLRish to complete an inversion transaction and a contemporaneous private placement Regulation S offering.
- Represented Four Springs Capital Trust and its subsidiaries in connection with a $75 million credit facility with a syndicate of lenders and with such facility secured by more than 30 real estate properties located in 17 states.
- Represented SunPower Corporation (NASDAQ:SPWR), a leading provider of solar solutions and services, in its acquisition of certain assets of Hillsboro, Oregon-based SolarWorld Americas, a leading American manufacturer of solar panels.
- Represented a privately held infrastructure, technology and services company focused on blockchain and other distributed ledger technology, in multiple closings of the sale of common stock in a private placement offering totaling $30.9 million.
- Represented The Lovesac Company (NASDAQ: LOVE) in completing a $43.7 million underwritten public sale of 2.3 million shares of Common Stock at $19.00 per share.
- Represented Naked Brand Group Inc. (NASDAQ: NAKD), an innovative fashion and lifestyle brand, in its merger with privately held Bendon Limited, a New Zealand/Australian entity and global leader in intimate apparel and swimwear in approved Merger Agreement, under which Naked and Bendon became wholly-owned subsidiaries of Naked Brand Group Limited.
- Represented a nuclear waste disposal company in the sale of a business unit to a nuclear services provider.
- Represented The Lovesac Company (NASDAQ: LOVE), a technology-driven modular furniture designer and manufacturer, in its $64.4 million initial public offering.
- Represented a portfolio company of a private equity firm in connection with a $260 million secured credit facility with a syndicate of lenders.
- Represented Four Springs Capital Trust, a real estate investment trust that invests in single-tenant net lease real estate, in its issuance of $40 million of Series E Preferred Shares to private equity funds managed by Guggenheim Investments, the global asset management and investment advisory business of Guggenheim Partners.
- Represented Newport Credentialing Solutions, LLC, a leader in cloud-based credentialing and provider enrollment software and services, in its acquisition by TractManager, Inc., the healthcare industry’s largest supplier of strategic sourcing and contract lifecycle management (CLM) solutions.
- Represented VFA Fund I, LLC in its formation and closing of $1,025,000 towards its goal of raising $3 million.