Maryam Maleki focuses her practice on employment litigation, handling cases from inception through resolution. Ms. Maleki has experience with matters concerning wrongful termination, race, religion and national origin discrimination, sexual harassment, gender, age and disability discrimination, wage and hour, defamation and whistleblower claims. Her practice also includes counseling of employers regarding employment practices including leave issues, wage and hour disputes, discrimination, ADA and FEHA claims, among other areas.
Ms. Maleki received her J.D. from New York Law School, where she was the recipient of Order of the Barristers and the Moot Court award. While obtaining her law degree, Ms. Maleki received awards for Best Oralist in National Moot Court Competition as well as the Moot Court Award. She also served as Student Bar Association vice president resident during her second year of law school. Ms. Maleki is a member of the San Francisco Bar Association and the Iranian American Bar Association. She is fluent in Farsi.
Areas of Practice
Employment and Labor Law
- New York Law School, J.D.
- Order of the Coif
- Fordham University, B.A.
Iranian American Bar Association
San Francisco Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Listed in Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2018-2021
- Author, "Time Is on Her Side: Temporary Disabilities Under the ADA," HR Daily Advisor, August 23, 2022
- Co-author, "EEOC's Updated Guidance Makes Employer-Required COVID-19 Testing More Difficult," Law360, July 29, 2022
- Co-author, "EEOC's Updated Guidance Makes Employer-Required COVID-19 Testing More Difficult," Duane Morris Alert, July 22, 2022
- Co-author, "California's New Extensive COVID-19 Safety and Health Regulations Include Employer-Required Testing," Duane Morris Alert, December 10, 2020
- Co-author, "If you Have Nothing Nice to Say, Don’t Say Anything at All," California Employment Law Letter, September 7, 2020
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Co-presenter, "The Pits and Peaks of Being an Employer in Today’s Social Media World," Duane Morris Institute (DMi), Webinar, June 16, 2022
- Presenter, "The California Year-End Employment and Immigration Law Roundup," Duane Morris LLP Webinar, December 1, 2021
- Speaker, "Key Wage-and-Hour Issues for Remote Workers," The New Reality of Workplace Law and Practice in the COVID-19 Era, Duane Morris LLP, Webinar, November 11, 2020
"Litigating PAGA Claims – An Introduction & Overview," Alameda County Bar Association (ACBA) Trial Practice and Labor and Employment Sections, Oakland, California, February 7, 2019