Matthew J. McCarthy practices in the area of litigation. Prior to joining Duane Morris, Mr. McCarthy was assistant attorney general of the Maryland Department of Health, where he served as counsel and prosecutor in all regulatory enforcement and compliance actions for the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission, an independent administrative body within the Department of Health.
Mr. McCarthy is a 2008 graduate of the University of Chicago Law School and a graduate of Florida State University.
- District of Columbia
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2008
- Florida State University, B.A., 2002
- Florida State University, B.F.A., 2002
- Duane Morris LLP
- Special Counsel, 2021-present
- Maryland Department of Health
- Assistant Attorney General, 2019-2021
- U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division
- Attorney Contractor, 2017-2019
- United Nations
- Staff Attorney
- Lee Stuart PS, Inc.
- Associate, 2012-2014
- King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office
- Assistant Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, 2011-2012
- Washington Court of Appeals
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Elaine M. Hougton, 2008-2009