Neeraj Kumar concentrates his practice on corporate and securities law, as well as general representation of public and private companies, entrepreneurs, investors, and private equity and venture capital firms. He also has extensive experience counseling institutions and issuers seeking to raise capital through alternative financing structures. Mr. Kumar has advised clients in a variety of industry sectors, including cannabis, cryptocurrency, automotive, banking, energy, life sciences and technology.
Mr. Kumar is a 2009 graduate of The Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, where he was associate editor of International Law Review, and a cum laude graduate of the American University.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate Law
- Venture Capital/Emerging Companies
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented AGP/Alliance Global Partners Inc., a wealth management firm, in a $36 million registered direct public offering of common stock and warrants for U.S. cannabis company Kush Bottles Inc.
- Represented A.G.P/ Alliance Global Partners, as lead placement agent and Compass Point Research & Trading, LLC, as co-placement agent, in a $34 million “registered direct” public offering of common stock and warrants of KushCo Holdings, Inc.
- Represented a privately held infrastructure, technology and services company focused on blockchain and other distributed ledger technology, in multiple closings of the sale of common stock in a private placement offering raising $30.9 million.
- Represented Green Check Verified, Inc., a regulatory compliance platform for legal cannabis-related businesses and financial institutions, in its private placement offering of up to $3 million in shares of Series Seed Preferred Stock.
- Represented Talentify, Inc., a digital recruiting platform, in the private placement of Series A Preferred Stock to a strategic investor.
- New York
- The Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Associate Editor, International Law Review
- American University, B.A., cum laude, 2004
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2017-present
- Buhler Duggal & Henry LLP
- Counsel, 2017
- Lowenstein Sandler LLP
- Counsel, 2015-2017
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Associate, 2009-2015
Quoted, "Meet the Duane Morris Lawyers Who Are Working on Some of the Biggest Deals in the Booming Marijuana Industry," Business Insider, January 9, 2019
Quoted, "Big Law Firms Are Building Out Specialized Pot Practices to Chase Down a Red-Hot Market For Weed Deals," Business Insider, December 3, 2018