Nicholas Collura practices in the area of intellectual property law, focusing on the acquisition and licensing of patents, trademarks and copyrights. Mr. Collura prosecutes patent applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office in a variety of technical fields including medical devices, optical components, consumer products, and hydrocarbon extraction. He also performs patentability and freedom-to-operate analyses as well as due diligence reviews in conjunction with mergers and acquisitions. In his trademark practice, Mr. Collura works with clients in a variety of industries, including alcoholic beverages, jewelry, transportation, and automotive.
Mr. Collura is also a contributor to the Duane Morris Green IP Blog, which explores legal issues at the intersection of energy and intellectual property.
Before joining Duane Morris, Mr. Collura served as in-house Patent Agent for Unilife Medical Solutions, where he was responsible for managing the company’s diverse patent portfolio focused on drug delivery devices. He also draws on his technical engineering experience in the medical device and defense industries.
Mr. Collura is a magna cum laude graduate of Temple University School of Law. He holds a M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Drexel University and graduated with honors from Lehigh University with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2018
◦ Order of the Coif
- Drexel University, M.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2012
- Lehigh University, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, with honors, 2008
Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2018-present
- Patent Agent, 2017-2018
- Summer Associate, 2017
- Unilife Medical Solutions
- Patent Agent, 2014-2017
- Design Engineer/Patent Liaison, 2011-2014
- The Boeing Company
- Structural Analysis Engineer, 2008-2010