Nicole Woolard concentrates her practice in the area of construction law. Ms. Woolard assists clients to resolve and litigate issues and disputes that arise throughout the construction process, as well as in federal and state courts and alternative dispute forums, involving delay claims, mechanic's liens, defaults and termination, defective design and work, operating agreements, license agreements, software integration and testing, access to adjacent properties, property damage and change order claims.
Ms. Woolard also prepares and negotiates agreements for construction projects, including contracts for design and engineering, development, construction management, contractors, trades, subcontractors, vendors, bonding and adjacent property access. Ms. Woolard has been involved in public and private projects throughout NYC and the country, including large-scale multi-use projects, high-rise buildings, condominiums, hotels, residential rentals, offices, retail and interior fit-out projects, and projects for a residential home development and supporting infrastructure, a ski base village, a nursing home, schools, hospitals and museums.
At Duane Morris, Ms. Woolard serves on the Women's Impact Network for Success (WINS) and previously served on the Associates Committee. Ms. Woolard provides assistance pro bono to survivors of human trafficking through Duane Morris' alliance with GEMS, a not-for-profit corporation. Ms. Woolard volunteers with the Justice Resource Center's Mentor program for local high school students.
Ms. Woolard serves on the Board of Directors for the Professional Women in Construction and on its Programming and Membership committees.
- Representing one of the largest government contractors in federal non-jury trial against a local transportation authority on issues concerning the implementation of an electronic security system.
- Representing a large REIT in preparing and negotiating design and construction agreements for assets in the New York-metropolitan area.
- Representing developer in drafting and negotiating design and construction agreements for downtown Los Angeles public-private partnership project, comprised of two towers with commercial, residential, hotel and retail components.
- Representing a national museum and memorial against claims by a structural steel contractor for delay and disruption damages.
- Representing a leading software company in a litigation in Mexico that settled allowing the client to resume its partnership in the region.
- Representing developer in drafting and negotiating design and construction contracts for The Hudson Yards Redevelopment Project, which includes the construction of multiple towers containing more than 12,700,000 square feet of new residential, office, public and retail space.
- Representing developer in drafting and negotiating design and construction agreements for Snowmass base village development in Colorado, and for Tuxedo Farms housing and infrastructure development in Tuxedo, New York.
- Representing developer in drafting and negotiating design and construction agreements for CityPlace Convention Center hotel and garage in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Representing lessee of commercial property in an appeal in New York state court involving the right to exercise an option to purchase the property at the expiration of the lease.
- Representing developers in preparing and negotiating design, construction and related consultant and access agreements throughout New York City on projects located at:
- 146 East 126th Street
- 233 West 125th Street
- 432 Park Avenue
- 50 United Nations Plaza
- 211 West 29th Street
- 287 Park Avenue South
- 500 West 21st Street
- 432 East 14th Street
- 215 Sullivan Street
- 40 Bleecker Street
- 300 Lafayette Street
- Essex Crossing
- 460 Washington Street
- 71 Laight Street
- The office buildings located at the World Trade Center site
- 42 Trinity Place
- The BankNote Building, Bronx
- 1000 Fox Street and 960 Simpson Street, Bronx
- The Crossings at Southern, Bronx
- 325 Kent Avenue, Brooklyn
- 203 Jay Street, Brooklyn
- 465 Pacific Street, Brooklyn
- 237 Duffield Street, Brooklyn
- 44-28 Purves Street, LIC
- Hunters Point South Commons, LIC
Areas of Practice
Construction Law and Litigation
Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Federal Bar Council
Professional Women in Construction
-Board of Directors, 2017-2020
-Programming and Membership Committees
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2009
- New York University, B.A., 2002
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2009-present
Hon. P. Kevin Castel, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
-Judicial Intern, 2009
Deutsch & Lipner, Attorneys at Law
-Law Clerk, 2009
- Summer Associate, 2008
- McLaughlin & Stern LLP
- Paralegal, 2002-2006
Honors and Awards
Listed as a New York Rising Star in the practice of Construction Litigation by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013-2017
Selected as Professional Women in Construction 20 under 40, 2016