Rina R. Patel practices in the areas of corporate and securities law with a focus on representing clients in domestic and cross-border stock and asset acquisitions and sales, mergers, joint ventures and public offerings. She assists clients with corporate governance, commercial contract and public company disclosure-related matters.
Ms. Patel counsels publicly and privately held companies, including entrepreneurs and startups, through all stages of the company’s life cycle and on a wide range of matters from pre-formation, angel, seed and VC as well as convertible debt financings, general corporate counseling, strategic acquisitions and partnerships through exits, including in initial public offerings. Ms. Patel’s clients include life sciences, health tech, food and beverage, mining, manufacturing, artificial intelligence and machine learning, financial services and fintech companies.
Ms. Patel is a 2005 graduate of Fordham University School of Law and a graduate, with honors, of the University of Maryland.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate and Transactional Law
- Emerging Companies
- New York
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- University of Maryland, B.S., Information Services and B.S., Finance, with honors, 2000
- Duane Morris Women's Impact Network for Success (WINS) Steering Committee
- Represented Y-mAbs Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: YMAB), a late-stage clinical biopharmaceutical company focused on cancer treatment, in its $110 million initial public offering.
Represented Mass Appeal Media Inc., a New York-based media and content company focused on urban culture, in a $6 million Series A funding round led by Universal Music Group.
- Represented Sandy Hill Apparel, LLC, an affiliate of Bruderman Brothers, Inc., in the acquisition of HMS Productions Inc., a New York-based designer, manufacturer and distributer of women’s apparel.