Tairan (Terry) Wang, Ph.D. practices in the area of intellectual property with a focus on the prosecution, drafting and litigation of patent applications in diverse technologies such as telecommunication, wireless network systems, semiconductor design and manufacturing, computer software, hardware, Internet applications and big data processing.
Dr. Wang also works in a variety of post-grant review proceedings (e.g., CBM, IPR), trademark applications, patent and trademark license agreements, patent invalidity contention, patent infringement analysis, and due diligence reviews of intellectual property portfolios.
Dr. Wang is a 2016 graduate of George Washington University Law School. He earned a Ph.D. and M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Minnesota, and a B.S. in Electronic Engineering and Information Science from the University of Science and Technology of China. He is a native Mandarin speaker.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- District of Columbia
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2016
- University of Minnesota, Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2008
- University of Minnesota, M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2006
- University of Science and Technology of China, B.S., Electronic Engineering and Computer Science, 2003
Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2018-present
- Patent Agent, 2017-2018
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Patent Agent, 2013-2017
- Patent Agent, 2012-2013
- Hollingsworth Davis
- Patent Agent, 2011-2012
- Seagate Technology
- Senior Engineer for Electrical Head Integration, 2008-2011
- Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories (MERL)
- Internship Researcher, 2007-2008
- SPINCOM group, University of Minnesota
- Research Assistant, 2003-2008