Evan Teoh Ye Oon is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group of Selvam LLC. He advises on a broad range of commercial transactions involving in particular, domestic or cross border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity investments, and distribution and supply agreements. His area of practice also includes employment law.
Evan has assisted clients spanning a wide range of industries, such as banking and finance, pharmaceuticals, fintech, and oil & gas, primarily in Asian markets such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Hong Kong, China, and Singapore.
Evan is also involved in the firm’s growing fintech practice and advises clients in relation to the Payment Services Act (2019) of Singapore. In the broader technology space, he also assists mobile apps and website developers with the implementation of comprehensive legal documentation including terms and conditions, privacy policies and legal disclaimers.
Evan received his Bachelor of Laws (Cum Laude) from Singapore Management University in 2018 and is admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore. He is fluent in English and Mandarin.
Selvam LLC is a Singapore Law Practice in Joint Venture with Duane Morris LLP, under Duane Morris & Selvam LLP.
Areas of Practice
- General Corporate
- Mergers and Acquisitions; Joint Ventures
- Singapore Management University, LL.B, 2018
- Associate, 2019-present
- Co-author, "The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership: Summary and Implications for Asia and the Pacific Rim," Duane Morris Alert, December 21, 2020
- Co-author, "Singapore's VIMA vs. the World – A Multijurisdictional Comparative Review of the VIMA Documents," Duane Morris Alert, September 8, 2020
- Co-author, "COVID-19 Updates for Singapore Employers: Safe Distancing, Cost Reduction and Government Support," Duane Morris Alert, April 27, 2020
- Co-author, "Alternative Arrangements for Companies’ General Meetings," Duane Morris Alert, April 15, 2020
- Co-author, "Required Annual General Meetings for Singapore Companies During COVID-19 Restrictions," Duane Morris Alert, April 8, 2020