Theresa Langschultz is a trial attorney focusing on products liability litigation, commercial litigation and appellate litigation. Ms. Langschultz is a solutions-oriented advocate who regularly handles Federal Employers’ Liability Act actions, significant third-party personal injury claims and premises-liability actions. She also has experience representing clients in commercial disputes and antitrust matters. Ms. Langschultz represents clients at all phases of litigation, including investigation, motion practice, discovery, pre-trial negotiations, trial and appeal.
In 2019, Ms. Langschultz was recognized as a “Lawyer on the Fast Track” by The Legal Intelligencer, a distinction limited to a select group of attorneys in the Commonwealth based on representative client engagements, advocacy and community contributions, service to the bar and peer and public recognitions. Ms. Langschultz was also recently honored for her extensive pro bono work with the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Large Firm Management Committee (LFMC) Public Service Award. The award annually honors two young lawyers in the City of Philadelphia for their exceptional pro bono or public service work. She is also a recent recipient of the American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers’ Division Child Advocacy Award, which honors one young lawyer and one seasoned lawyer nationally for their dedicated service on behalf of children.
Prior to joining Duane Morris, Ms. Langschultz interned with a Judge of the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County, and both a Magistrate Judge and Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Ms. Langschultz is a 2015 cum laude graduate of Temple University Beasley School of Law, where she was the articles and symposium editor of the Temple Law Review, and a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania (M.S.) and Northeastern University (B.A., magna cum laude). Before attending law school, she was a middle school math teacher with Teach for America.
- Obtained a decision from the Superior Court of Pennsylvania confirming that the Fair Share Act, 42 Pa.C.S. § 7102, applies in asbestos and other strict liability cases and requires apportionment of liability among defendants and settled tortfeasors, regardless of their bankrupt status.
- Obtained dismissal of cases filed in Pennsylvania state court by out-of-state Plaintiffs, pursuant to forum non conveniens.
- Represent interstate railroad in premises liability actions, actions brought under Federal Employers’ Liability Act, and significant third-party personal injury claims.
- Represented indigent Philadelphia resident to help client attain beneficial settlement of a claim under Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act and Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- Articles and Symposium Editor, Temple Law Review
- Certificate in Trial Advocacy
- Fellow, Rubin Public Interest Honor Society
- University of Pennsylvania, M.S., 2012
- Northeastern University, B.A. magna cum laude, 2010
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2015-present
Honors and Awards
Named to the Legal Intelligencer's 2019 Lawyers on the Fast Track List
Awarded the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Large Firm Management Committee (LFMC) Public Service Award, 2018. The award honors two young lawyers for their exceptional pro bono or public service work.
Awarded the American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division Child Advocacy Award, 2018. The award honors one young lawyer and one seasoned lawyer for their dedicated service on behalf of children.
Named to Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County's Pro Bono Honor Roll for pro bono services rendered to the Philadelphia community, 2016, 2017, 2018.
Civic and Charitable Activities
Philadelphia Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Mock Trial Committee for John S. Bradway High School Mock Trial Competition
- Membership and Marketing Committee Co-Chair, Public Interest Section
- Young Lawyers' Division Liaison to Women in the Profession Committee, 2015-2017
Temple Inn of Court
Philadelphia Reads, 2015-2017
Featured in "Duane Morris' Theresa A. Langschultz Honored as Pennsylvania Lawyer on the Fast Track," April 10, 2019
Featured in "People in the News," The Legal Intelligencer, July 27, 2018
Contributor, Duane Morris Appellate Review, 2017
- Co-author, "Seller Beware: Recent Lawsuits Under N.J. Truth-in-Consumer Contract, Warranty and Notice Act Target E-Commerce Businesses," Duane Morris Alert, August 4, 2016