Thomas Rainey practices in the area of corporate law. Mr. Rainey advises clients on UK, EU and international business and asset acquisitions and disposals, as well as private equity and venture capital investments.
He also has experience of advising on a wide-range of capital markets takeovers and IPOs, with a particular focus on applications to trading on AIM.
Mr. Rainey earned his Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (LPC) from The College of Law, London, and holds a Master of Laws degree (LL.M Hons) from the University of Edinburgh, and a Bachelor of Laws degree (LL.B Hons) from the University of Newcastle.
Areas of Practice
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advising a leading UK-based cyber security firm on its IPO and Admission to the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange
- Advising a cross-European automotive OEM supplier on its IPO and Admission to the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange
- Advising a leading London-based financial advisor on its role as nomad and broker for the IPO and Admission to AIM of a UK-based cosmetics company
- Advising the shareholders of an established care home business on the sale of the company to an LSE-listed purchaser
- Advising the shareholders and directors of one of Europe’s leading e-liquid/vape manufacturers on an investment from Lloyds Development Capital
- Advising a globally trading UK-based gaming technology developer on its public takeover of another listed technology business, effected by way of a scheme of arrangement
- Advising an AIM-listed back-office optimization provider on its takeover by a Nasdaq-listed technology business, effected by way of a scheme of arrangement
- England and Wales
- College of Law, London, LPC, 2012
- University of Edinburgh, LL.M. (Hons), 2011
- University of Newcastle, LL.B. (Hons), 2010
Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2018-present
- Associate Solicitor, 2015-2018
Fisher Meredith LLP
- Solicitor, 2014-2015
- Trainee, 2012-2014