How COVID-19 Is Affecting Life Sciences and Medical Technologies
April 16, 2020
| Duane Morris LLP
Duane Morris will be hosting the webinar, "How COVID-19 Is Affecting Life Sciences and Medical Technologies," on April 16, 2020, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Eastern).
About the Program
Join Duane Morris attorneys for a discussion on how the life sciences and medical technologies industry is responding and adapting to the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- FDA’s Emergency Use Authorizations (EUAs) for devices and diagnostics testing policies
- Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act (PREP Act) immunity from liability
- Implications on intellectual property, such as patent strategy, in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals
- License and collaboration agreements in the wake of COVID-19
- Dana J. Ash, Chair, Products Liability and Toxic Torts Division, and Team Lead, Duane Morris Life Sciences and Medical Technologies Industry Group
- Frederick (Rick) Ball, Team Lead, Duane Morris Life Sciences and Medical Technologies Industry Group
- Sean K. Burke, Vice Chair, Products Liability and Toxic Torts Division
- Patrick C. Gallagher, Ph.D., Team Lead, Duane Morris Life Sciences and Medical Technologies Industry Group
- Deborah L. Lu, Ph.D., Partner, Duane Morris LLP
- Sandra G. Stoneman, Team Lead, Duane Morris Life Sciences and Medical Technologies Industry Group, and Co-Chair, Emerging Companies Group
About Duane Morris
Duane Morris has created a COVID-19 Strategy Team to help organizations plan, respond to and address this fast-moving situation.
Duane Morris LLP, a law firm with more than 800 attorneys in offices across the United States and internationally, is asked by a broad array of clients to provide innovative solutions to today's legal and business challenges. We understand the issues faced by innovators in the life sciences, biotech, medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biologics industries: from the science and technology, to the business realities, to potential legal challenges. We know because we have been there. Many of our attorneys have been in-house counsel at health and life sciences companies and/or have worked as scientists in research laboratories. Our lawyers have decades of experience guiding clients from startups to publicly traded companies, as well as academic and research institutions, working in a broad range of technologies at all stages of the product life cycle, from discovery through clinical development and commercialization.