Innovation Across Borders: Strategies for U.S. and Chinese Companies in the Health Sciences Industry
January 8, 2019 | San Francisco, CA | Duane Morris LLP
Duane Morris and the Chinese Biopharmaceutical Association (USA) will host panel discussions about cross-border deals between the U.S. and China on January 8, 2019, from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at Duane Morris' San Francisco office.
Duane Morris LLP
Spear Tower | One Market Plaza, Suite 2200
San Francisco, CA 94105-1127
Breakfast and Registration: 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Welcome and Introduction: 8:00 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
Panels and Company Presentations: 8:15 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
About the Program
Duane Morris and the Chinese Biopharmaceutical Association (USA) invite you to a breakfast and panel discussion from industry and legal professionals with real-world experience handling cross-border deals between the U.S. and China. The panel will discuss issues related to investment in life sciences companies headquartered in the United States and China; the practical challenges of a Chinese life sciences company bringing products to the United States and a U.S. company looking to locate some of its business in China; IP issues in China and the U.S.; trade issues; and other issues involved in cross-border pharmaceutical, biotech and device transactions, commercial arrangements, manufacturing and distribution.
Welcome Remarks and Introduction
- Dr. Kening Li, Director, Duane Morris & Selvam LLP; Partner, Duane Morris LLP
- Jonathan Lourie, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
U.S. and China Life Sciences: Cross-Border Transactions and Commercial Arrangements
- Dr. Guo-Liang Yu, CEO and Co-Founder of Apollomics Pharmaceuticals Inc., Former Executive Chairman of Crown Bioscience Inc., and Founder and Former CEO of Epitomics, Inc.
- Patrick Gallagher, Aquilo Partners
- Joel Ephross, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
- Sandra Stoneman, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
Navigating a Pharmaceutical Products Recall in the United States
- Alan Klein, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
- Robert A. Rhoades, Managing Partner, Validant
- Frederick (Rick) Ball, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
Life Sciences Technology in China – Company Presentations
Duane Morris and CBA are pleased to provide early stage companies the opportunity to present their investment proposals and plans.
Companies Seeking Investment from the United States
- Dr. Hardy Chan, Chairman and President, Allianz Pharmascience
- Dr. Grace Yeh, CEO and President, PharmaEngine, Inc.
Companies Seeking Investment from China
- James Egan, President and CEO, TargaGenix, Inc.
- Nicolas Sitchon, President and CEO, S1 Biopharma, Inc.