Duane Morris' Insurance lawyers represent life and disability insurers across the spectrum of industry issues, from matters before insurance regulatory agencies, to claims advice, to complex litigation involving defense of multi-claimant class actions.
Duane Morris lawyers have represented insurers in such matters as:
- Sales practice and market conduct litigation;
- ERISA claims under group policies;
- Traditional life and disability insurance defense;
- Rescission claims;
- Accidental death benefit claims;
- Overseas death claims;
- Stranger-originated life insurance and secondary market issues;
- Agent termination disputes and other disputes relating to agent relationships;
- Defense of employee benefit claims;
- Fraudulent insurance claims;
- Advice on issues that affect underwriting, regulatory and compliance matters; and
- Defense of bad faith and punitive damages claims.