Angela Moore serves as Special Counsel in Duane Morris’ Employment, Labor, Benefits and Immigration Practice Group. Ms. Moore has over 20 years of experience representing clients in all aspects of immigration law. She has represented a wide array of immigration clients ranging from businesses to individuals. Her clientele has included: Fortune 500 multinational corporations; smaller businesses with only one to a few foreign-born employees; individuals seeking asylum; family members helping other family members immigrate from inside the U.S. or abroad; clients in removal (i.e. deportation) proceedings; individuals trying to regularize their status in the U.S.; etc. One of Ms. Moore’s strengths as an immigration attorney is that she has a grasp of all aspects of U.S. immigration law such that she is truly able to consider all potentially available options. She is a trusted advisor counseling business clients on immigration compliance matters (such as I-9 compliance, LCA compliance, FDNS matters, etc.) and she assists businesses in bringing employees to the U.S. temporarily (in nonimmigrant status) or permanently (in immigrant status). She is a tenacious advocate who (as an example) spent 12 years fighting for one asylum client and his family until they ultimately prevailed after several appeals at multiple levels. Clients rely on Ms. Moore for her practical advice and insight based on experience and breadth of knowledge to advise and assist them in navigating the increasingly perilous domain of immigration law.
Ms. Moore regularly handles complex immigration cases before various agencies of the U.S. government – such as the CIS, DHS, DOJ, DOL, and the Immigration Court (EOIR). Ms. Moore looks for trends in the adjudication of cases and monitors changes to the law to ferret out even de facto unwritten changes in the government’s interpretations and assist clients to proactively submit cases that address the most recent concepts of what is required to win in that particular case. She works with clients to understand their particular concerns, desires, and needs and strategizes to avoid issues and complications where possible.
Ms. Moore has been is a speaker on immigration matters for clients, the American Immigration Lawyer’s Association, and various Bar Associations. Ms. Moore is a former Chair of the Northern California Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyer’s Association, CIS Liaison for the San Francisco CIS, and Co-Coordinator for the African-American Interest Group for AILA.
Ms. Moore is a graduate of Georgetown University Law Center where she was an editor on the Georgetown Immigration Law Journal and a graduate of Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service. Ms. Moore is proficient in written and spoken Spanish.
Areas of Practice
Immigration Compliance Advice and Counseling
Human Resources and Management Training
- Advised companies and employees dealing with security clearance issues.
- Assisted clients to prevail in complex naturalization (U.S. citizenship) applications.
- Advised clients/assisted clients in determining how to proceed regarding prior criminal matters’ in the potential impact on present residence or naturalization – i.e. citizenship cases.
- Conducted self-audits for companies in areas where governmental audits are possible (I-9s, LCAs, etc.).
- Represented family-based and employment-based clients in immigration anti-fraud related matters (spousal interviews, FDNS matters, etc.).
- Prepared family-based and employment-based clients for immigration interviews and accompanied clients to immigration interviews.
- Conducted seminars for HR clients and employees regarding immigration matters.
- Received approval of various VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) cases.
- Assisted clients with consular processing of family-based and employment based immigration cases (where the process occurred while the person was outside of the U.S.).
- Received approval of numerous immigrant petitions and applications (PERM (labor certification)-based, EB-1, family-based, etc.).
- Received approval of numerous nonimmigrant petitions in various classifications (H, L, O, TN, E, K, etc.).
- Won various cases in Immigration Court (asylum, cancellation of removal, adjustment of status, etc.).
- Won I-601 waiver appeal originally denied when filed by a different attorney.
- Won Board of Immigration Appeals cases.
- Won asylum case briefed and orally argued in Ninth Circuit appeal.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1995
- Member and Editor, Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
American Immigration Lawyers Association
- African-American Interest Group, Co-coordinator
- Northern California Chapter, Former Chair and Former CIS Liaison
Honors and Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2021 and 2022
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2020 and 2021
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Multi-State and Global Labor and Employment Law 2021," National Business Institute, Webinar, September 20, 2021
- Speaker, "Immigration Updates," The New Reality of Workplace Law and Practice in the COVID-19 Era, Duane Morris LLP, Webinar, November 9, 2020
Speaker, "New I-9 and Immigration Compliance Update," Webinar, Duane Morris Institute, April 17, 2019
- Co-author, "USCIS Changes Fees, Forms, Policies and Timelines Starting October 2," Duane Morris Alert, September 23, 2020