Duane Morris LLP, a law firm with more than 800 attorneys in offices across the United States and internationally, is asked by a broad array of clients to provide innovative solutions to today's legal and business challenges.
Growth and Culture
Evolving from a partnership of prominent lawyers in Philadelphia a century ago, Duane Morris' modern organization stretches from the U.S. to Europe and across Asia. Throughout this global expansion, Duane Morris has remained committed to preserving its collegial, collaborative culture that has attracted many talented attorneys. The firm's leadership, and outside observers like the Harvard Business School, believe this culture is truly unique among large law firms, and helps account for the firm continuing to prosper throughout changing economic and industry conditions.
At A Glance
Am Law 100 Since 2001
- More than 800 lawyers in offices in the U.S., UK and Asia
- 133 Partners have chosen to join Duane Morris in the past 5 years
- 13 consecutive years of revenue growth
- Over 25% of client business conducted through multiple offices and practices
Harvard Business School
Second HBS case study of the firm, titled "Duane Morris: Collaborating for Growth," was part of the Harvard Business School curriculum and made available to business schools around the world for course study.
- Joint ventures in Myanmar, Shanghai and Singapore
- Alliances in Mexico and Sri Lanka
- Leadership position with international network of independent law firms
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Duane Morris is considered a pioneer in law firm diversity and inclusion efforts
- Attained Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus status in 2021. (“Plus” status indicates that, in addition to meeting or exceeding certification requirements, the firm has successfully reached at least 30 percent diverse lawyer representation in a notable number of current leadership roles.)
- Earned 100% rating for LGBTQ Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index
- Winner of prestigious Minority Corporate Counsel Association Innovator Award (renamed after George B. Vashon, further honoring a Duane Morris tradition)
- Annual firmwide Diversity & Inclusion Retreat and targeted business development efforts
"Green" Law Firm
Women's Impact Network for Success
- Repeatedly ranked as one of the Best Law Firms for Women by Seramount (formerly Working Mother Media), based on firm’s policies and business development initiatives that retain women and advance them
- Honored by the San Francisco Gender Equality Principles Initiative, past winner of the Advancing Women Company Award by the Philadelphia Business Journal/Forum of Executive Women and previously named a "Best Place to Work for Women Over 35" by Crain’s Chicago Business
- In 2020, Duane Morris lawyers and staff collectively dedicated more than 34,000 hours of pro bono legal assistance to those in need.
- Duane Morris has been honored for pro bono work by the Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program; American Bar Association; SeniorLAW Center, City Bar Justice Center; Legal Clinic for the Disabled; Circle Urban Ministries; Washington, D.C. Mayor’s Office of Veterans Affairs; and Supreme Court of Florida.