Charles C. Papy III's practice focuses on corporate and business transactions and from time to time corporate litigation. As a ninth generation Floridian, Mr. Papy has been actively involved in Florida politics providing services to clients at various levels in reference to Florida and Miami-Dade County government relations.
His practice has evolved into the areas of providing strategic legal planning for numerous clients in the banking and insurance fields that have a high-level need to address concerns that are important to the growth and stability of their companies.
Mr. Papy is a former chairman of the Dade County Health Facilities Authority and a former chairman of the Judicial Nominating Committee for the Eleventh Circuit of Florida. He is a former member of the board of directors of the American Red Cross for Dade County and has been active in various civic affairs as well as serving as an elder in his church.
Mr. Papy is a member of the Florida Bar and the Federal Court for the Southern District of Florida. He is a 1977 cum laude graduate of the University of Miami Law School and 1974 graduate of the University of Miami School of Business.
Prior to joining Duane Morris, he was a member of the executive committee of the law firm of Eckert Seamans.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1977
- Duane Morris LLP
- Of Counsel, 2013-present
- Partner, 1999-2012
- Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, LC, Miami, Florida
- Partner, 1992-1998
- Papy, Weissenborn & Papy, Miami, Florida
- Partner, 1985-1992
- Appointed by Governor Robert Martinez to the Judicial Nominating Committee for the Eleventh Circuit Court of Florida
Honors and Awards
- Named in the South Florida Legal Guide Top Rated Lawyers, 2012
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- City National Bank
- Mid-Atlantic Dental Partners
- American Red Cross, Dade County
- Counsel to Board of Gibraltar F.S.B.