Cristina T. Sanchez focuses her practice in the area of commercial real estate finance and commercial leasing. She has experience representing lenders in all aspects of real estate financing, including the negotiation, documentation and closing of commercial loan transactions. Ms. Sanchez also has experience drafting complex commercial leases, subleases and assignments or other transfers of retail and office space.
Ms. Sanchez has served as commercial leasing counsel for ownership acting as an international commercial investment advisor to funds, REITs and pensions, with a focus on day-to-day ownership decisions and legal actions, including retail and office lease negotiations at approximately 70 medium-to regional-sized retail shopping centers in multiple U.S. states. She also has served as landlord’s counsel in connection with anchor and junior anchor deals (new leases, expansions, contractions, relocations, extensions, assignments, collateralizations for debt, and assignments) at multiple shopping centers across the United States.
Ms. Sanchez is a 2013 graduate of the University of Michigan Law School, where she was associate and contributing editor of the Journal of Race and Law, and a cum laude graduate of Barnard College of Columbia University. She is fluent in Spanish.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate Finance
Represented various subsidiaries of BG Capital, one of Philadelphia’s leading real estate investment and development companies, in the $50 million sale and refinancing of four separate properties in Philadelphia locally referred to as the Commonwealth Portfolio, to an affiliate of the Hampshire Companies.
- Served as counsel to lender in connection with $9 million dollar refinancing of a hotel on Miami Beach.
- Represented a shopping center in making leasing and other ownership and operating decisions; analyzed exclusives and existing public record documents to assist the client in dealing with restrictions, prohibitions, requirements, and other use and operational specifics which affect each asset for retail center ownership.
- Served as landlord’s counsel in connection with the leasing of an approximately 2,500 square foot retail space for a national franchise tenant in a mixed use project.
- Served as landlord’s counsel in connection with the leasing of over 26,000 square foot office space to national tenant.
- Served as counsel to owner-developer in negotiation and closing of $30 million CMBS loan secured by shopping center located in Miami Lakes, Florida.
- Represented ResinTech and ActionPak in a $128 million transaction centered around the adaptive reuse of 27 acres of environmentally contaminated property in Camden, New Jersey. The site is being converted into the client's new global headquarters.
- Represented BankUnited, N.A. on a $35 million mortgage loan secured by 119 5th Avenue, New York, NY.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2013
- Contributing Editor, Journal of Race and Law, 2012-2013; Associate Editor, 2011-2012
- Barnard College, Columbia University, B.A., cum laude, 2010
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2017-present
- Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, P.A.
- Associate, 2014-2017
- Weissman & Dervshi P.A.
- Associate, 2013-2014
Urban Land Institute Southeast Florida/Caribbean Management Committee
- Chair, Young Leaders Group
- Urban Land Institute
- Young Leaders Group Chair for Miami, 2013-present
Ransom Everglades School
- Alumni Class Agent
- Young Benefactor Circle, Committee Member
The Underline, Young Professionals Organization