David A. Kahn practices in the areas of corporate and healthcare law, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, corporate entity and limited liability company formation and organization, and other general corporate matters. He has experience in the preparation of operating agreements and shareholder agreements, employment agreements, confidentiality, non-competition, non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements, general corporate counseling and other transactional matters.
Mr. Kahn is a 2007 graduate of Emory University School of Law, where he was a member of the Moot Court Society, and a graduate of Union College. Prior to entering law school, Mr. Kahn worked as a corporate paralegal for two years at an international law firm.
- Represented a Colorado nonprofit community health care system in the acquisition of a multi-specialty physician practice group consisting of over 25 physicians.
- Represented an owner/operator of three skilled nursing facilities in a joint venture and sale transaction with the largest hospital and health system in the State of New Jersey.
- Represented a physician practice group specializing in gastroenterology care, procedures, and services in the sale of its assets to a gastroenterology physician practice.
- Represented the chief executive officer and chairman of the board of an industrial furnace manufacturer in the buyout of the remaining shareholders of the company.
- Represented a physician practice group specializing in emergency medicine, emergency critical care and related services in the sale of 100% of its common stock to a leading provider of physician-led services, ambulatory surgery center management, post-acute care and medical transportation.
- Represented an international security company in the sale of the equity interests of its subsidiary providing residential-based juvenile services in Florida, Texas and Tennessee to a Florida-based private equity firm.
- Represented a leading national provider of workers' compensation industry specialized in cost containment services in acquiring a health care service provider that facilitates the measurement and tracking of health care quality and efficiency.
- Represented SeamLev Atlantic Tractor, LLC in acquiring an 85% ownership interest in Atlantic Tractor LLC, one of the largest John Deere distributors in the mid-Atlantic region.
- Represented Reliant Senior Care in a multi-stage sale of 21 skilled nursing facilities and related environmental and dining services businesses.
- Represented a provider service network in connection with the sale of the company's membership interests to an affiliate of a public managed health-care company.
- Represented the physician members of an ambulatory surgery center in connection with the company's buyout and reorganization by an affiliate of the third-largest public health care system in the nation.
- Represented a physician group practice in its joint venture with a Medicare Advantage Plan to form a Medicare Advantage management services organization.
- Represented the physician members of an ambulatory surgery center in connection with the buyout of the company's corporate majority interest holder to a public health-care delivery systems company.
- Represented a health maintenance organization with its Statewide Medicaid Managed Care invitation to negotiate and subsequent appeal.
- Represent hospital systems, physician groups and practice management companies on managed care matters.
- Represent buyers and sellers of physician group practices and individual physicians in the acquisition and divesture of physician group company interests.
- Represented Brace Industrial Group L.P., a Houston-based industrial services roll-up, in its acquisition of Basic Industries, LLC, an industrial services company, for approximately $33 million.
- Represented a private storage and organization products designer, manufacturer, and seller in the divesture of its assets to an international public company.
- Represented an international gaming company in establishing its Florida operations.
- Represented an international company in the financing and acquisition of telecommunication towers in Central America and Europe.
Areas of Practice
- Healthcare Law
- Corporate Law
- New York
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Union College, B.A., 2002
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2011-present
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Associate, 2010-2011
- Seward & Kissel LLP
- Associate, 2007-2010
- The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section
- Health Law Section
- Young Lawyers Division
Honors and Awards
Listed in Florida Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2016-2018
- Named a "Legal Up & Comer" for 2016 by Florida Trend magazine
- Paul D. Schreiber High School Athletic Hall of Fame
- Inductee (Soccer/Basketball), 2014
Author, "Healthcare M&A Corner – The Escrow Holdback: Another Buyer Security Blanket," Duane Morris Health Law Blog, July 23, 2019
Author, "Healthcare M&A Corner – The Materiality Scrape: Buyers Rejoice; Sellers Beware," Duane Morris Health Law Blog, November 28, 2018
- Co-author, "Florida Legislature Unanimously Approves New Limited Liability Company Act," Duane Morris Alert, January 31, 2014
- Author, "Delaware Chancery Enjoins Merger for Failure to Disclose Prior Investment Banking Fees," Holland & Knight LLP Securities & Financial News to Note Bulletin, January 2011
- Author, "Delaware Chancery Court Adopts Standard for Controlling Stockholder Going Private Transactions," Holland & Knight LLP Securities & Financial News to Note Bulletin, June 2010
- Author, "SEC Provides Guidance on Public Reporting Companies' Use of Their Websites, and the Federal Securities Laws," Seward & Kissel LLP Capital Markets Bulletin, August 2008
- Author, "United States Federal Court Deals Blow to SEC Theory on Securities Act Violation When Covering Short Sales of PIPE Securities," Seward & Kissel LLP Capital Markets Bulletin, January 2008