Dietrich A. Loos practices in the area of corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and financing. Mr. Loos negotiates, documents and structures acquisitions and divestitures, including purchases/sales of stock and of assets. Mr. Loos represents clients in such industries as manufacturing, financial services and direct marketing.
Mr. Loos is a 1998 graduate (high honors) of the University of Chicago Law School, where he was a member of the Law Review, and a summa cum laude graduate of Pepperdine University, Seaver College. Mr. Loos is a member of the American and Illinois State bar associations.
- Represented Calumet Armature & Electric, LLC, an Illinois-based provider of design, manufacturing, assembly, and repair services of electric motors for the industrial and mass transit markets, in the sale of all its membership interests to a wholly-owned subsidiary of Integrated Electrical Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: IESC).
- Represented a Chicago-based private equity fund in the sale of a Michigan headquartered benefits payments processing services company to an Ohio-based private equity firm.
- Represented a manufacturer of boilers, generators and heaters in its sale to a private equity company.
- Represented a full-service direct marketing firm headquartered in Oregon in its sale for approximately $20 million to two private equity firms.
- Negotiated, documented and structured acquisitions and divestitures, including mergers, purchases/sales of stock and purchases/sales of assets.
- Drafted and negotiated securities offerings, both public and private and have drafted and filed documents with the SEC, including registration statements and proxy materials.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., high honors, 1998
- Duane Morris LLP
- Special Counsel, 2016-present
- Associate, 2003-2016
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, Chicago, Illinois
- Associate, 1998-2003
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Co-author, "JOBS Act Enacted, Imposes Substantial Deregulation on the Mechanics of Securities Offerings," Duane Morris Alert, April 13, 2012
- Co-author, "SEC Provides Relief for Non-Accelerated Filers from Auditor Attestation Report on Internal Control over Financial Reporting," Duane Morris Alert, September 22, 2010
- Co-author, "SEC Reopens Public Comment Period for Proposal Relating to Shareholder Director Nominations," Duane Morris Alert, December 16, 2009
- Co-author, "New Rules For Online Proxy Materials?" Law 360, November 11, 2009
- Co-author, "SEC Proposes Amending Rules for Internet Availability of Proxy Materials," Duane Morris Alert, October 22, 2009
- Co-author, "SEC Grants Final Extension for Compliance with Auditor Attestation of Internal Control Reports," Duane Morris Alert, October 7, 2009