Drew T. Dorner practices in the area of litigation. Mr. Dorner has experience handling trials in federal and state courts, as well as arbitrations and mediations in a variety of jurisdictions. He has assisted clients throughout all phases of litigation, from initial inception to appeal. Mr. Dorner’s experience includes handling commercial disputes, construction-related lawsuits, environmental claims, and qui tam actions, with amounts in controversy ranging from several thousand to hundreds of millions of dollars.
Mr. Dorner is a 2011 graduate of Vanderbilt University Law School, where he was authorities editor of the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, and a magna cum laude graduate of Miami University. He speaks German.
Areas of Practice
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- New York
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2011
- Authorities Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- Miami University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2008
- Duane Morris LLP
- Associate, 2016-present
- Squire Patton Boggs LLP
- Associate, 2012-2016
- Baker Hostetler LLP
- Staff Attorney, 2011-2012
Co-author, "Getting Your Expert’s Testimony Through Daubert’s Goalposts," DRI, March 26, 2018
- Obtained a ruling from the U.S. District Court in the District of Columbia in favor of the American Association of Cosmetology Schools, a trade association of proprietary colleges in the cosmetology field, finding the U.S. Department of Education’s Gainful Employment Rule arbitrary and capricious with respect to application to association schools.
- Secured favorable $75,000,000 settlement on behalf of nuclear power utility in litigation against the United States for failure to timely dispose of the utility’s spent nuclear fuel.
- Successfully (i.e., favorable settlement terms or obtaining dismissal) represented major banking institutions in litigation arising out of retail banking operations.
- Ongoing representation of medical device manufacturer in product liability litigation.
- Served as trial counsel in jury proceeding involving property damage and lost profits arising out of damage to underground utility wires.
- Secured a $0 jury verdict on behalf of client arising out of a ruptured gas line and subsequent explosion causing property damage, personal injuries, and lost income.
- Performed environmental due diligence for hundreds of commercial, residential, and mixed-use properties prior to acquisition.
- Represented business in arbitration concerning costs associated with environmental contamination remediation owed to client pursuant to an asset purchase agreement.
- Obtained settlement pro bono client found favorable notwithstanding entry of a default judgment against client (default entered prior to start of Firm's representation).
- Frequent pro bono representation of military veterans in property, commercial, or benefits disputes.