James J. Coster is chair of the Securities Litigation division of Duane Morris’ Trial Practice Group and co-managing partner of the firm's New York office. He is also a member of the firm's governing Partners Board. Mr. Coster is a trial attorney with experience in a broad array of complex commercial litigation, particularly on behalf of financial institutions. He has counseled and litigated on behalf of U.S. and European corporations in connection with investigations, securities law issues, antitrust, complex contract matters, insolvency, unfair competition, insurance coverage, intellectual property, lender liability, labor and personnel matters and real estate related litigation.
Mr. Coster has represented such clients as Moody’s Investors Services, Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co., IBM, Exxon, Johnson & Johnson, Keefe Bruyette & Woods, Bank of Montreal, Investors Bank, Stifel Nicolaus and Company, Calvin Klein, Inc., PVH Corp., Menard Inc., Albanese Organization, Inc. and the Brunswick Corporation in complex litigation matters.
Mr. Coster is a 1990 graduate of St. John’s University School of Law and a graduate of Boston College.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Insurance and Professional Liability
- Labor and Employment Law
- Business Insolvency, Restructuring & Creditors' Rights
- Corporate and Transactional Law
- Intellectual Property and Media Law
- Emerging Companies
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1990
-St. Thomas More Scholar
- Boston College, B.A., 1987
Honors and Awards
- Listed in New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2015-2019